RTVX-1100C Stolen

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #1  

JESSE1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 6400
I got a rude awakening this morning. I went out to feed the cows and discovered someone had broken into my shop and stolen my '14 RTVX-1100C. Only had 500 hours on it. Also took my Milwaukee cordless drill and grease gun. They drove it down through the pasture, cut the fence on my hay meadow and circled back around to the road. Sheriff dept. is investigating. It's financed and covered by insurance but having someone come on your property and steal your possessions really makes you mad. I have five security lights around the shop area and the shop is only about 150 feet from my house. I guess that only made it easier for them to break in.

Attachments

• IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    613 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    531.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 198
   / RTVX-1100C Stolen #2  
Hope they catch them, nothing worse than a crook!

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #3  
Hope they catch them, nothing worse than a crook!

x2 - Sorry to hear that. Make sure to follow up with the Sheriff's Dept every once and a while so it does not get lost in the shuffle. Hopefully the insurance settles quickly and for a good amount so you can get something else and get back to normal.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #4  
I sure hope they find the thief and prosecute him. Nothing lower then thieves!!!

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #5  
Hope they catch the thief and also locate your stolen property! Probably someone who has been on your property before!!!

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #6  
I got a rude awakening this morning. I went out to feed the cows and discovered someone had broken into my shop and stolen my '14 RTVX-1100C. Only had 500 hours on it. Also took my Milwaukee cordless drill and grease gun. They drove it down through the pasture, cut the fence on my hay meadow and circled back around to the road. Sheriff dept. is investigating. It's financed and covered by insurance but having someone come on your property and steal your possessions really makes you mad. I have five security lights around the shop area and the shop is only about 150 feet from my house. I guess that only made it easier for them to break in.
Sorry to hear that I hate thieves.Maybe time to put up some hidden game cameras.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #7  
Sorry to hear that I hate thieves.Maybe time to put up some hidden game cameras.

I'm more partial to not hidden cameras. As it, right out in the open. I make sure the word gets out around town that I have cameras with nightvision all over my property. And I have 2 that are very easy to see walking up to the house and the barn (and a lot more that are harder to see). Never had a problem; crossing fingers. Granted, you'd have to be mentally defective to steal under the eye of all those cameras, but.. That doesn't mean that people don't/won't do it. It's more a deterrent than a "catch those assholes" thing; the police generally don't investigate too hard when something under 20-30K goes missing.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen
Right now I'm gathering info on different systems. Nest is one system that uses WiFi to alert you on your phone. Seems to be several systems available. Talked to the adjuster today and they have to wait 30 days before they can settle the claim. That's because they have to give it time to see if it's found. I doubt it will be found, probably in Mexico by now.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #9  
Guess it's good they stole it before the wall was built then, would be a bear to push an RTV over, they are pretty stout!

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #10  
Right now I'm gathering info on different systems. Nest is one system that uses WiFi to alert you on your phone. Seems to be several systems available. Talked to the adjuster today and they have to wait 30 days before they can settle the claim. That's because they have to give it time to see if it's found. I doubt it will be found, probably in Mexico by now.
I also installed (2)wireless driveway alarms that alerts us when some comes down our drive.Installed 5 HD game cams buy the barn,house and driveway.While not a fancy security system it is some deterrent.