Running Welders off Generators

/ Running Welders off Generators #31  
All this money spent on generators to run a welding machine?:confused::confused3::confused3::confused3: $200.00 spent 300-amps capacity.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• New.JPG
    New.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 110
   / Running Welders off Generators #32  
Waiting for another one of those to turn up for $200 might be awhile.

/ Running Welders off Generators #33  
All this money spent on generators to run a welding machine?:confused::confused3::confused3::confused3: $200.00 spent 300-amps capacity.:thumbsup:

*DROOOOOOL*

I wish!!!:thumbsup:

/ Running Welders off Generators #35  

While the true finished cost on your machine is "a little" higher than that ;) - small gas engine welders (like the Lincoln weldanpower 150) are often found around $600 or less near me.

For a running stick welder with approx 5000 watt generator, pretty tough to beat :)

I have one, it's a cool little toy - only $300 for it (it's so small it's almost cute)

....just occurred to me I never tried the little mig on its generator...something for me to play with this weekend ;)

/ Running Welders off Generators

Yes that is very nice and your bad influence may get me in trouble some day.:D
It is not as if you don't have one or two or more to spare but you well know why I asked the question.

Of course that question, for me at least, is totally without a purpose now.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

/ Running Welders off Generators #38  
Awesome vid. The segment with the lightbulb next to the O-Scope was great!. Nice industrial gensets, and that dude knows some stuff! However, he did not say what happens if one of the motors has a hiccup, would the phase shift? Or if the motors don't have exactly equal power?
If a 'device' existed to combine the outputs of any 2 'normal' generators that could be a useful item if not so expensive. I suspect it would have to convert to DC, combine and invert back to AC.
If they are a little out of phase or the current dips more on one, the "slow" or "low" generator will do less work and the other will have to pickup the slack. If they are too far out of phase, bad things happen and the magic smoke gets let out.

Aaron Z

/ Running Welders off Generators #39  
Waiting for another one of those to turn up for $200 might be awhile.

Good luck finding one in that condition for $200

/ Running Welders off Generators #40  
Not exactly the same, but same concept using an incandescent bulb to run generators in parallel.

That is pretty much it but you are not using two power sources just matching a generator to "wall" power. I have only done it with a 3500 watt and 4500 watt generators. I have never had a need to run any of my inverters off of my 30kw power station but if I did I would likely test it the same way.