Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #101  
Note: Running without a thermostat can cause overheating due to coolant not spending enough time in residence in the radiator to cool. This is one of the functions of a thermostat.
Thanks for the caution. While I have never experienced overheating due to the rush of coolant flying through the system too fast to pickup heat in the block and release it in the radiator (I think it is fiction caused by people that had genuine cooling issues, removed the thermostat and still had overheat issues), I am not proposing she runs the damn thing for several hours unattended. Simply a diagnostic test to determine if the machine runs for a longer or shorter duration without the thermostat.

I would agree when the op makes any change to the cooling system, she should monitor the temperature.

Best,

ed

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #102  
In another forum a guy had a tractor that had AC problems it overheated when he had the AC running so I made this troubleshooting list for him.

It occurred to me that his issue might have some of the same issues that yours does IF IT IS TEMPERATURE RELATED
Run through this list
engine thermostat is bad?

Bad water pump?

Fan is broke?

Condenser Fins for radiator or AC heat exchanger are all gummed up?

Radiator coolant low?

The Condenser pump has a bad bearing?

a Clog in the radiator? To get a redneck feel for the idea of a clog Place you hand ( or use an IR thermometer) to compare the upper and lower radiator hoses If they ain't the same temp there is a clog. I don't mean by a couple degrees I mean by a lot. You can replace or or maybe your dealer can flush it.

Do a Pressure test Auto Zone will rent you the tool 17PSI is top of the pressure limit. if the tester drops fast you got a leak or it's not hooked up right. Do this test when it's COLD.

Are the electric fans working???

Bleed air from the system? There should be a bleeder valve in the coolant system hidden somewhere open it, turn the Cab heating system to high( hot) but leave the fan off. Rig a funnel in the radiator ( there is a spill proof funnel kit you can buy https://www.amazon.com/Thorstone-Radiator.../dp/B097BHJJPS ) and pour radiator fluid in and the bleeder should let fluid out. When the system is full the bleeder will burble fluid out . tighten it back closed Top the resverour and radiator off. DON'T Put the cap back on. Start it and run it till the coolant fans engage and then check the radiator fluid level again. Then put the cap back on.

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #103  
To get a redneck feel for the idea of a clog Place you hand ( or use an IR thermometer) to compare the upper and lower radiator hoses If they ain't the same temp there is a clog. I don't mean by a couple degrees I mean by a lot.
Shouldn't your ΔT's be at least 8°F if functioning correctly? Seems to me that if it was clogged there would be extreme ΔT's.

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #105  
Didn't I say pretty much exactly and precisely that when I said
"I don't mean by a couple degrees I mean by a lot."
You said "Place you hand ( or use an IR thermometer) to compare the upper and lower radiator hoses If they ain't the same temp there is a clog." The thing is, they should NEVER be the same. I might have given you a pass if you said YOUR instead of YOU.

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #106  
Note: Running without a thermostat can cause overheating due to coolant not spending enough time in residence in the radiator to cool. This is one of the functions of a thermostat.
Overheating without a t-stat will be for other reasons - if it happens at all. Primary among them will be a pre existing cooling problem such as a partially clogged radiator core inhibiting uniform coolant flow. Other contributory issues are collapse of the lower radiator hose, cavitation in the rapid moving coolant, etc.

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #107  
Overheating without a t-stat will be for other reasons
Please school me on that. What other reasons? I'd really like to know.

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #109  

Overheating without a t-stat will be for other reasons - if it happens at all. Primary among them will be a pre existing cooling problem such as a partially clogged radiator core inhibiting uniform coolant flow. Other contributory issues are collapse of the lower radiator hose, cavitation in the rapid moving coolant, etc.
Please school me on that. What other reasons? I'd really like to know.

Do you have a specific question?

/ Runs nice and dies in 20 min UPDATE UPDATE #110  
Do you have a specific question?
The sense I got is he's trying to draw the other guy out so he can have a "got ya" moment. Then he'll self-righteously jump up and down on the other guy trumpeting his vastly superior god like all knowingness.
Notice his profile is cloaked, he doesn't want people looking at his posting history.