Rural Events

/ Rural Events #1  

Larry Caldwell

Tractor
Kubota l3130
I thought I would start a thread on rural events. If it's not close enough to attend, at least we can find out what folks all over are doing. This one is 90 miles from my house, and darn few things are interesting enough for me to do a 180 mile round trip just to pay admission. This one is two weekends at the end of July and the first day in August. They have a working steam sawmill, plus steam threshing, etc.

If you have stuff going on in your area, let me know. I like reading about things even if I can't go.

/ Rural Events #2  
This event has grown every year and to become a local favorite.

/ Rural Events #3  
In my other (non-farming / tractor) life, I go to car shows, cruises.

A group of us have started to go out for ice cream or coffee on Friday nights for a few hours. We meet in town, then make a 30 - 40 min drive together to the evening's destination, for a social snack and car chats. :) Started this about a month ago, and apart from poor weather, or extreme temperatures for a few days (44 C / 111 F), the group has already grown from 5, to about 20 - 25. I try to take a friend along, as I have room for one passenger.

1625827083266.png

mine is the 1979 Red El Camino SS "Royal Knight" (very rare)

/ Rural Events #4  
I like car shows also, however Covid has kinda put the brakes on this last year. I do recall seeing a Mercury pickup at a car show a few years back; I thought it was a fake...but learned it was made in Canada. I also learned that Chevrolet made a 1959 Bel Air Sport Coupe, but I have never seen one. Have a friend who has a '60 Bel Air Sport Coupe, rare, but still a few around.

My '60 Impala

60_at_filling_station_3.jpg

/ Rural Events #5  
I like car shows also, however Covid has kinda put the brakes on this last year. I do recall seeing a Mercury pickup at a car show a few years back; I thought it was a fake...but learned it was made in Canada. I also learned that Chevrolet made a 1959 Bel Air Sport Coupe, but I have never seen one. Have a friend who has a '60 Bel Air Sport Coupe, rare, but still a few around.

My '60 Impala

View attachment 705228
Great car! Nice pic!

Those Cars are hard to find.

/ Rural Events #6  
Unfortunately the farm fair I go to in NJ is cancelled-link for future reference:

For car shows we have one in town that is huge, and crowded:
Last year the whole show drove by my house and I got to see quite a few.

/ Rural Events #7  
Like many rural states we have a lot of agricultural fairs every year... except last year.
They are usually rather busy events and I predict they will be even more so this year.