Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans

/ Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans #21  
When one of my new Rustoleum cans quits spraying, I can put on a new nozzle from another can, and it still won't spray. All my clogs have been internal.

Bruce

I've had some cans brand new from the store that never spray a drop. I've returned some but have also learned to buy a few more than I need and return what I don't use so I don't get stuck part way through a project with cans that won't spray and not enough others to finish.

/ Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans #22  
I would gladly pay a dime more if every spray can came with an extra nozzle.

/ Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans #23  
Save a few extra nozzles...I remove them from the can...let them sit a day in some paint thinner...keep them for those cans that don't spray. Works well.

/ Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans #24  
I prefer Rustoleum myself. On my last project I had two unusual occurences. On one can toward the end, the pick up tube fell off inside the can. I was able to invert the can and get all the paint out. Rustoleum did offer to replace it, but I got my full value out of it so I didn't worry about it.

On a second can, while using it, the bottom reversed itself. Instead of being concave, it turned to convex and wouldn't stand up anymore. Rustoleum asked for that can back.

Doug in SW IA

/ Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans #25  
On a second can, while using it, the bottom reversed itself. Instead of being concave, it turned to convex and wouldn't stand up anymore. Rustoleum asked for that can back.
Wow! I never heard of that happening before. Most likely a manufacturing defect of some sort. I can understand why Rustoleum asked for that can back so they could determine the cause. The concave design of the bottom is what gives it strength to withstand the internal pressure and of course to keep the cans standing upright.

/ Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans #26  
Save a few extra nozzles...I remove them from the can...let them sit a day in some paint thinner...keep them for those cans that don't spray. Works well.

The problem cans I run into don't have issues with the external nozzle. I can swap nozzles with other new cans or even cans I've used and still nothing. They seem to have something plugging them up inside the can.

/ Rustoleum Paint in Rattle Cans #27  
The problem cans I run into don't have issues with the external nozzle. I can swap nozzles with other new cans or even cans I've used and still nothing. They seem to have something plugging them up inside the can.

Sorry to hear....take em back I guess.