RX hydraulic top link

/ RX hydraulic top link #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
Does anyone know the retract / extended lengths needed for a RX hydraulic top link or a part number that works good for one? I am out of town working for a week or so so I can measure my OEM link but wanted to order one so I would have it when I get home.

/ RX hydraulic top link #2  
The top link that I supply for the RX 7320 is a 3" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod having a working length of 20 1/2"- 29 1/2".

This should give you a size to look for.

I would say to order one from me, but I'm about 24 weeks out, so that sort of kills the have it at home when you get there idea.

Good luck with your search.

/ RX hydraulic top link
Thanks Brian. Wish yours were available sooner as I would definitely give you my business.

/ RX hydraulic top link #4  
200 current orders. It is what it is. I have no problem giving people info so that they can look elsewhere.

I can tell you that you will most likely need to compromise.

/ RX hydraulic top link
Have you ever thought of expanding? If I recall correctly you are doing everything yourself. With that kind of demand it seems you could easily justify and profit from increased capacity? I certainly understand many quality things time but many people likely don't want to wait 6 months for a top link. If you have 200 orders now you might be able to have 400 if you were able to deliver quicker? Not meant to be critical in any way just as a fellow business owner it seems like a ripe opportunity for you.

/ RX hydraulic top link #6  
I'm in my 60s. I was a contractor for 38 years before changing over to this full time.
I decided to do what I could do and that was it when I went into this.

Ever wonder why there is such a demand for my units and not the others?

Ever wonder why there aren't more people-companies that build these things?

There is not, because there is no easy $$$$ in it.

/ RX hydraulic top link
Oh I get it. Certainly wasn't suggesting you outsource them to china or something. I'm sure your attention to detail, knowledge, customer service, and quality product are what has led to your success. I really know none of the the details of what all goes into making these just was thinking with that kind of demand maybe you hire a helper or something. Maybe you are happy with your current level of business and don't wan't the hassle and headaches of that. Just thinking out loud really.

I have a buddy who was in a similar situation. Not tractor related at all but he was building and selling a product and doing all of it himself. His product became very popular to the point where he was working 80 hour weeks trying to keep up. He now has his own shop and five employees. He still oversees everything and makes sure it is done to his specs but he has now created 5 fairly good paying jobs and has tripled his revenue while at the same time has been able to cut way back on the hours a week he has to spend on it.

/ RX hydraulic top link #8  
I got one at the local Princess Auto up here in Canada. They might be similar to your Harbour Freight??

Anyway, it wasn't a kit per-se, but all the parts were available off the shelf to make a tidy install for my DK90. I bought a cat1 ram and used bronze bushings to adapt my cat2 setup.Every few years I have to change the worn bushings. There is no wear to the holes in the tractor this way. I use it to tilt round bales on my spear so they carry nicely and don't get drug off in deep snow. Works like a charm and it was reasonably priced. It's a 2 1/2"(?) ram with a 1 1/4" shaft, I believe..something like that. Powerful enough for 1500lb bales and not about to tear the tractor apart.

/ RX hydraulic top link #9  
Does anyone know the retract / extended lengths needed for a RX hydraulic top link or a part number that works good for one? I am out of town working for a week or so so I can measure my OEM link but wanted to order one so I would have it when I get home.
I just picked up the below Hydraulic Top Link for my RX6620. Easy install and works great so far. Also got the below hoses.

/ RX hydraulic top link #10  
I got mine from the Agristore also. The top link is pretty cut and dry. It's the side tilt cylinder that's harder to find and/or make. I'll have to fab a little for that one but I bought that cylinder from Agristore also.