SA223 dipstick

/ SA223 dipstick #1  

Don97038

Tractor
Yanmar SA223
Anybody else having problems reaching the SA 223 engine dipstick? It is at the rear of the engine and is surrounded by cables and linkages. It is impossible to reach with one hand. I have to reach down and try to get ahold of the little knob (no loop) on the end of the dipstick with 2 fingers and under the linkages with my other hand and try to work it out of the hole. Very poor design and frustrating to use, especially if you check your oil often. Is there a longer loop handle available or some sort of farm hack?

/ SA223 dipstick #2  
Use a pair of long nose vice grips to remove and replace it. My Kubota cab has the same issue actually but has a loop handle that I bent a bit.

/ SA223 dipstick #3  
Yup same issue here. Usually cut your hand trying to get to the dip stick. I use long set of pliers to pull it and check. Crappy engineering. All they had to do is make it alittle longer so you can get to it easy.

/ SA223 dipstick #4  
Hi i have a SA324 Year 2021, I believe it's the same engine as the 223, the dip stick has a loop, (no knob) and has easy access. The one thing I noticed is the rubber boot that fits into the block (hole) is very tight and hard to pull out. Other than that no issues with wires in the way.