eBay/Craigslist Satoh S-650G - Hello -

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #31  
I forgot how to edit my posts. I need to replace a photo in one of my posts but I see no way to do that. I did a search on how to edit, but go no results.
Seems to be no instructions or help section for posting, editing or anything like that. Getting too old for this I guess.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #32  
I can't find any edit button either! LOL!! --- Never noticed that before! HMMMM! interesting! O.k., just found one BUT its only there til the next post goes up!--- or for a timed period!

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #33  
I cannot seem to find any help with posting, my problem with editing, etc. Guess I will find another forum that is not quite as secretive with these features. See ya guys.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #34  
Had a bearing go bad on the idler takeup for the govenor/water pump drive. For anyones info the bearing is a Koyo 6204.RU. I bought (4) 6204 2RS sealed bearings for $9.84 total and free shipping for the four. (4 pcs 6204 2RS double rubber sealed ball bearing, 20x 47x 14 mm) You can buy a single bearing for as low as $5.99 with free shipping but I opted for having spares for a few bucks more. Perfect fit and had them in three days.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #35  
Another quick note, I have modified the block coupling for the hydraulic coupling and will post a couple photos hopefully tomorrow. The way I modified it should help with the grip on the pump end. The pump only has about 1/2" of shaft showing to grip to and hopefully my mod adds more life to the coupling block on the shaft end. Stay tuned....

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #36  
I noticed on mine when I put the new fan belt on that not much shaft went into either end of the coupling!

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #37  
On mine the coupling only grips about 5/16-3/8" of the pump shaft. I installed the modified coupling and that seems to work pretty well. Now I think I have air in the hydraulic system as the loader will lift but will not lower until I shut the motor off, then it will lower from its weight when I operate the lowering lever on the valve. The bucket will not curl at all. I think I let the hyd oil get too low and got air in system. Was working OK before this happened, then started acting up and I topped off the oil level. It was 95 in the woods so thought I would try bleeding the air out this morning while it is cooler. Tired of messing with this tractor for the last three months. May sell it and get something I can use rather than work on.

I have been playing around with couplings and the driver that bolts on the crankshat pulley, and will post some photos of my contraptions and ideas. I got a few spare parts when I bought the tractor and now see why he had trouble with the pump drive mechanism. Pump, Coupling, Drivers.jpgthumbnail  A3.jpgCoupling.jpgthumbnail A6.jpgDrivers.jpg

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #38  
Well i'm a little embarresed to admit, but my hydraulic problem was nothing more than the three point hitch control arm was in the down position and robbing pressure to the loader. I'm glad it was that simple, but kinda embarresed. That said everything works great now. I'm burnt out on this project so i'm putting it up on Craigslist to sell the tractor, loader, and the 5' brush chopper. Going to get something I don't have to work on all the time.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #39  
Glad you found the problem! ---My 650 is down, the engine overheats and water is standing behind the head. ---never used to do it that bad, could run an hour or so, now cant make one pass across the garden with it. Really miss it on the big tiller too, It has the low speed to do excellent job on the tiller, nice and slow!
Don't know if head gasket is leaking or what.

/ Satoh S-650G - Hello - #40  
Hey Sonny its been a while that we were posting on the Bison tractors. I sold mine shortly after my last post and since then have bought and restored a Yanmar YM1500 2 wheel drive. Now I just bought a real orphan compact tractor. I bought a Rhino International 2224 which is a 4x4 but missing front drive shaft. I came with a Koyker 155 loader and finally got the cylinders rebuilt so that it doesnt puke hydraulic fluid. I've only had it for a month so not a lot accomplished on it.

Did you ever get your overheat problem figured out on your Bison?

Attachments

• IMG_20210719_145721535_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210719_145721535_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210907_104522006_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210907_104522006_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20220905_104425255_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220905_104425255_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 62