Saving Money as Prices Increase

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #191  
Why wouldn't you use a credit card for groceries? Trying to stay out of debt? Just curious...

I pay for everything with a credit card. I always pay in full at the end of the month. Then I reap the rewards. Our monthly CC bill is anywhere from $3k to $6k. They have a crazy scale, but I'd say an average is 2% back. it adds up.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #192  
I began doing this whenever possible. Its a great opportunity so long as you pay your balance in full, you can earn back a lot. We do this with Costco and theres even more benefits.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #196  
Glad to hear it's working good for you.

I came from a different school and as a principle would never pay groceries etc. with a credit card - no matter what % cashback....
Good ethic. No debts. Not even when paying for my property. All cash.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #197  
You can feel good about not going into debt for gas and groceries. Neither did I.
I paid $1.40 in interest this past year for using a cc that makes the bank take on all the risk of theft.
I just cashed $3,100 into our account on cashback. No scam no borrowing money, I pay it in full every couple of weeks.
They make billions off of this offer where most end up paying interest so it works for the bank and it works for me.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #198  
A heat pump runs more efficient than an electric heater. Ours, at its most efficient, has about a 4 to 1 ratio. This means it takes 1 dollar to produce 4 dollars worth of regular electric heat. That ratio goes way down when the temps are, but still better than a conventional electric heater.
I understand all of that. Yet I've had this discussion online and in person many times.... My electric heat only runs when I'm not there to feed the wood stove. It costs me around 13$/month during the heating season, usually from November to April.
How long will it take to break even on a heat pump? (Not including incentives... I don't use government subsidies.)

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #199  
I understand all of that. Yet I've had this discussion online and in person many times.... My electric heat only runs when I'm not there to feed the wood stove. It costs me around 13$/month during the heating season, usually from November to April.
How long will it take to break even on a heat pump? (Not including incentives... I don't use government subsidies.)
That's why wound up with geothermal. Unfortunately we have to work away from home and can't feed a woodburner while we are gone.