Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Canadian company. China manufactures their products to company specs. I have a chipper and a neighbour has a mill. Excellent product and super customer service
My neighbor bought one of their basic sawmills last summer, and broke 2 blades in short order. It turned out they had a done setting wrong at the factory and there was way too much tension on the blade, so they replaced them.
Anybody can make a mistake, it's how it's handled that makes the difference.

148EC728-0F52-4D9E-98EF-8671BA1E12CA.jpeg
It will be a year this Friday since I ordered mine and am finally getting it set up. This is just a temporary site as I needed a level place to work on it... which didn’t have two feet of snow on it when I started.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #23  
We need pictures of your first log Mr. Jstpssng!

I've been watching your progress...waiting for delivery...trying to find time to set it up...

Think I'm as excited for you, as you must be!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #24  
Interesting thread with some great pictures. I get the urge to buy one, but then realize that I'll probably never use it. I love the idea of milling my own wood, but there are too many other things that I need to do that are not getting done.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #25  
Interesting thread with some great pictures. I get the urge to buy one, but then realize that I'll probably never use it. I love the idea of milling my own wood, but there are too many other things that I need to do that are not getting done.
This is really the issue for me too. I badly want a mill. But I work full time, my wife works counter to my hours, and I have two young kids. It's a dream, for now....

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #26  
My kids were groin up by the time I bought a mill. Mostly for a hobby and to deal with dying trees mainly birch at the time now it's the fir trees that are dying. The mill has paid for it's self but I don't depend on it for income because then the fun might go out of it . I just try and keep up the the trees that die and are to good to use for fire wood. I also have plenty of cedar and that sells for a good price . After 20 yrs. I think I still enjoy it because there's no pressure for me to have to use it unless the urge strikes me.
Looking forward to seeing new sawyers get their mills up and running and keep some pic. coming.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #27  
I've got the space, the time and the interest. Thinking seriously about it...

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #28  
I once had a rather smallish quantity of wood to dry and had some old tin roofing material.
I carefully stacked it nice an level oriented towards mid day sun with 2 roof tins for sides and shaped a third into a 'roof'.
Fortunately the old roofing was black so it cooked my green wood during the summer.
As the ends were open I also had air flow.
Crude as it was I did a fine job and the wood was machined into some fine furniture.
Sorry no pics as that was a few years back.

I once had a rather smallish quantity of wood to dry and had some old tin roofing material.
I carefully stacked it nice an level oriented towards mid day sun with 2 roof tins for sides and shaped a third into a 'roof'.
Fortunately the old roofing was black so it cooked my green wood during the summer.
As the ends were open I also had air flow.
Crude as it was I did a fine job and the wood was machined into some fine furniture.
Sorry no pics as that was a few years back.
Just out of curiosity, did you ever check the moisture content? This month and the next are supposed to be the best around here for drying, as the humidity is lowest.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #30  
Got my Woodland Mill 26"saw around Thanksgiving, got it put together in Feb, finally got to saw some. I have about 100 22"+ BHD white pine trees that need to be harvested, decided I could do it one tree at a time. Our land is a little steep, the trees border a highway, so I have to drop them up hill, then move them without getting on the road. Don't have much equipment, a Kubota BX2230 withFEL, and a BCS 850 walk behind. The thought of a 2000 lb log behind the BX didn't sound good, so right now I am using the BCS. Here are some pic. The Mill is not set up yet in the pictures. So far, the mill has been great. good engineering, easy to assemble, seems to work good even for a newbee. The hill is much steeper than it looks, have to make sure the log is dragging for a brake. The wood stack is the first log, not stacked and stickered very well, but it will be used this month. The logging arch I built for the BCS, will also work with the tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2482.JPG
    IMG_2482.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2483.JPG
    IMG_2483.JPG