Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
^^^^^^
That’s pretty amazing, you can use your BCS to do that. Recently in another thread, somebody had asked for ideas about using an ATV for logging. I don’t recall where it was, but that poster might be interested in seeing this picture. 👍

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #32  
Just out of curiosity, did you ever check the moisture content? This month and the next are supposed to be the best around here for drying, as the humidity is lowest.
Nope as I did not at the time have a proper meter. (have one now)
But I do enough woodworking to know the difference.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #33  
The logging arch would work on an ATV. I can carry a 24"x 16' log and raise it completely off the ground on flatter ground. Built with 2"x3/16" square tube.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #34  
Mr. CMYoung, did you create adding the second set of wheels to your BCS, or is that a standard feature?

Brilliant job on figuring out how to work the slope!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #35  
For a hobby it's fun. Made a counter top for our island out of maple and cut the siding for our barn. Plus other projects. If you got the time and logs....

Attachments

• IMG_20170530_171851803.jpg
    IMG_20170530_171851803.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #37  
I bought a Woodmizer LT 40 Wide with a Yanmar 35 hp diesel 4 years ago. Once I get her under the future shed, she will get the 6'8" extension installed to cut up to 27 feet.
11-25-20 First 20 Foot Log.jpg

For the smaller sized logs I use my Mahindra with the grapple.
Lumber 25 Inch Pine Log.jpg

For huge logs, I have a Lull 644D-34
1-15-21 Lull Hauling TWO 21 Foot Logs.jpg

Two weeks ago, I broke ground on the sawmill shed. It will be 60x40 feet on concrete and 60x80 feet under roof.
Sawmill Shded Sight From Back Door.jpg

hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #38  
I bought a Woodmizer LT 40 Wide with a Yanmar 35 hp diesel 4 years ago. Once I get her under the future shed, she will get the 6'8" extension installed to cut up to 27 feet.

Two weeks ago, I broke ground on the sawmill shed. It will be 60x40 feet on concrete and 60x80 feet under roof.
hugs, Brandi
Holy crap, that's awesome! Share your plans and pics of the build, k? A full build thread is warranted, but understandable if you don't have time or motivation for that here.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #39  
Holy crap, that's awesome! Share your plans and pics of the build, k? A full build thread is warranted, but understandable if you don't have time or motivation for that here.
No plans, building it in my head. There is a thread going on FF. I put it here........................ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
on TBN.
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #40  
Some thing to look forward for those with new mills all ways nice to have incentive. This shed was to store RV under and anything else that fit. When I put the posts up I always put the braces a good height to use for scaffolding for convenience.
1648489710870.jpeg

1648490018755.jpeg

The braces for length ways haven't been installed yet.

1648490230068.jpeg