Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Well I am officially in the que at Woodland Mills . My order was confirmed today .

I ordered a 130 max mill with extension , 2 boxes of blades , 1 peavey , 1 winch post kit , sawmill cover until I get something up to cover the mill and a spare parts kit . Right now they are saying 6-12 weeks . My chipper came in a month earlier that it was supposed to last fall so I am hoping to get the mill in 6-8 weeks . (never know) I am also going to look around for a good green laser for the mill so that I am not constantly pulling out the measuring tape . In the meantime I will finish the area down in the woods that I am clearing for the mill and lay shale down for a good solid pad to build a base on. Then I will get milling on the wood for our shop. Pretty pumped !
Do you mean this one? HM130MAX Portable Sawmill

That will do the job. My neighbor bought Woodland last summer. I'm not sure what model but he sure like it. He ordered it after I ordered my Woodmizer, and was sawing before mine was shipped. He did have some sort of problem, which caused him to break 3 blades. After talking to them, the rep realized that some setting was wrong from the factory so they told him how to fix it and send him a set of blades to replace what he had wrecked. Everybody can make mistakes, what matters is how you address them.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #112  
The green laser sounds like a good idea, but I have had a hard time seeing it in bright sunlight. In shade it should be fine, I just don't have shade. I do plan to experiment some more. I do love my Woodlander 126, but should have gotten the 130, already had logs too big.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
The green laser sounds like a good idea, but I have had a hard time seeing it in bright sunlight. In shade it should be fine, I just don't have shade. I do plan to experiment some more. I do love my Woodlander 126, but should have gotten the 130, already had logs too big.
Are you saying that sawmills are like tractors and boats, you always want something a little bigger? :D
I thought a laser might be handy, but since I started using my mill I hadn't even thought about it until it was mentioned above.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #114  
Do you mean this one? HM130MAX Portable Sawmill

That will do the job. My neighbor bought Woodland last summer. I'm not sure what model but he sure like it. He ordered it after I ordered my Woodmizer, and was sawing before mine was shipped. He did have some sort of problem, which caused him to break 3 blades. After talking to them, the rep realized that some setting was wrong from the factory so they told him how to fix it and send him a set of blades to replace what he had wrecked. Everybody can make mistakes, what matters is how you address them.
Yes it is the HM 130 Max . I corrected my post (y). From everything I have read their customer support is top notch. Now the waiting 😶 .

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #115  
Yeah I figured until I get a roof of some sort the laser would be hit and miss . I also have trees all around me so that should help .

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #116  
A laser is on my want list too.
I've got 2 of my 3 doors built and am pouring the footers for the rear lean to this afternoon.
20220531_163126.jpg

These are open here, I just need to saw the siding. They're about 19' wide total.
20220531_163119.jpg

6 sonotubes for the posts and beam. That's going to get me 15'4" x 42' of additional space. Fortunately I bought the 16' roof metal last fall with the main roof. That little bit of forethought probably saved me $500+.
Every now and then you get lucky. 😆

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #118  
All that for a lean to shed? Wow! We just auger a hole, throw a post in, and add concrete. Glad we don't have to do that down here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #119  
Brandi I would have, but that's all fill that's not been there for more than a couple of years. We also have something called frost depth, probably as rare as snowmobiles down your way. 😆
Around here the frost will eventually spit out (up actually) huge rocks that were previously buried. Posts have the same tendency. 👍

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #120  
Well, frost whatever, it all looks awesome.
hugs, Brandi