Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #131  
I saw Eastern RED Cedar and it cuts like butter. The knots are not problem either. What Cedar are Y'all sawing?
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
I saw Eastern RED Cedar and it cuts like butter. The knots are not problem either. What Cedar are Y'all sawing?
hugs, Brandi
Northern White cedar. My problems are likely due to inexperience. I do have a lot of problems with the sawdust not clearing the saw head. I take the cover off and clean it after every log.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #133  
hugs, Brandi
I have not tried to cut my white cedar from northern Michigan. Maybe same as Jstpsng's Northern White Cedar. (wife remembers from college days that ours would also be Northern White cedar). Jon

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #134  
Northern White cedar. My problems are likely due to inexperience. I do have a lot of problems with the sawdust not clearing the saw head. I take the cover off and clean it after every log.
Are you cutting cedar with water on the blade? Jon

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #135  
Eastern RED Cedar sawdust is so fine, it has clogged up my Lubemizer nozzles.
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #136  
I know that when we mill eastern cedar from here in New Brunswick , it dulls the jointer and planer blades down fairly quickly ( high speed steel ) as well as putting tiny nicks in the blades if you are doing any amount of it . We always figured that maybe the cedar we use , which is in swampy wet areas tends to suck up grit into the tree (maybe not who knows ). All I know is that there is something in there that is not good for our blades !

Last edited:
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #137  
Talk about a company under promising and over delivering ! I ordered my mill on May 29 and they said that it could be anywhere from 6-12 weeks delivery. Fair enough right ? At least you know .

I got an e-mail today telling me my mill and accessories have shipped . Barely a week . Hats off to you Woodland Mills. I mentioned in my comments when I ordered that it was my second order and would there maybe be a hat in there for me . They sent me coupons enough to get 2 hats . Can't say enough good about these guys . I can't wait to get the mill even though I am not ready for it yet. Best case scenario I guess :) . I spent 4 hours this morning dropping another bunch of trees right where it will go. Hung one big poplar up quite bad and used the tractor to bring it completely down . I love my tractor !

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #138  
Talk about a company under promising and over delivering ! I ordered my mill on May 29 and they said that it could be anywhere from 6-12 weeks delivery. Fair enough right ? At least you know .

I got an e-mail today telling me my mill and accessories have shipped . Barely a week . Hats off to you Woodland Mills. I mentioned in my comments when I ordered that it was my second order and would there maybe be a hat in there for me . They sent me coupons enough to get 2 hats . Can't say enough good about these guys . I can't wait to get the mill even though I am not ready for it yet. Best case scenario I guess :) . I spent 4 hours this morning dropping another bunch of trees right where it will go. Hung one big poplar up quite bad and used the tractor to bring it completely down . I love my tractor !
Yep same here, 8 days from "Place Order" on the laptop to the driveway. If the $#@&ing rain would stop maybe I could finish setting it up.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Yep same here, 8 days from "Place Order" on the laptop to the driveway. If the $#@&ing rain would stop maybe I could finish setting it up.
You do realize that the more you look forward to setting it up the longer it will rain. I believe that’s one of the correlations of Murphy’s Law.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #140  
One of 15 maple logs cutting for a friend.

20220605_153031.jpg

The already cut and stickered pile is a bit to the right of the mill. About 360bft so far, maybe another 150bft to cut. The 2 stacks behinfd the mill are from the (7) 12ft red pine logs, about 1600 bft. Got probably twice that in white pine to cut up. Jon