sc2400 won't start. . .

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #11  
SC2400's have been so flawless so far. I am courius to what they find.

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #12  
wow! How long are they keeping it? Did they let you know what they found yet?

/ sc2400 won't start. . .
We actually just got it back today. I didn't get to speak with the tech, my grandfather did. Unfortunately his memory is a little slow at the ripe old age of 86. He said the tech said it was a solenoid up front. I'm assuming it was the starter solenoid. Is there any other one on it? Would it even turn over if the starter solenoid was dead? I'm going to give them a call on Monday. The teck has gone home for the day . . .

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #14  
if it was the starter it wouldnt turn over. Right? and if it was a fuel pump why would the sediment bowl fill back up?

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #15  
do they have a solonoid on the fuel line that shuts off flow to the injectors?
that could be a possibility

That sounds more like my problem. I bet that was the one that went. I'll confirm on Monday. Thanks guys for all of your thoughts!!

I do have a question you may be able to answer for me though. When its cold out (below 20 F), it take about 30 minutes for the transmission to warm up enough for me to even move it. If I try, the engine just cuts out like I turned the key. 1 is this normal? and 2 would putting a block heater on the transmission fix this?

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #18  
havent got mine yet but most hydro trannys require a warm up
loosen the oil and get it flowing good
I was always told let em warm up for at least 5 minutes any time the temp is below 40

When you say loosen the oil, are you talking about the valve to control the flow? I hadn't thought about that, but that could be my problem because I know i have it turned down. I thought it just controlled the 3pt, but of course now that I think of it, it's the same fluid right? The things you don't know when your last tractor was 60 years old :)

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #20  
no I just meant thin it
the viscosity gets thick when cold
even hyd or tranny oils when cold will hardly pur out of a can
supprising how thick it becomes

tip a can up ( there is that age thing whens the last time oil came in a can anyway)
a bottle up when its below 10 your hard pressed to get half of it out in a minute