sc2400 won't start. . .

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #21  
I was instructed by a "veteran" Cub Cadet mechanic to put a torpedo heater (or whatever you have available) on the PTO shaft for at least 5 minutes to heat up the oil. All I had was a little electric fan, and didn't leave in on long enough, cause I was so excited to do some loader work with the snow. Oddly enough, my 5000 series starts right up in the cold, and I can drive it right out of the 30 degree garage with no heat. My 6000 series, the caterpillar HATES the cold weather, and the transmission will barely budge below 40 degrees. They're side by side in the garage.....figure that one out...

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #22  
well as someone who has driven diesels in north dakota for years
a question I have is will a synthetic oil work better in the hydo drives?
I know the difference in trying to start the 7.3 with rotella conventional oil versus rotella synthetic is about 20% lower temp for the synthetic
could never start mine below -10f with conventional have started at -25f with the synthetic (butt by alll the rattling going on it aint good for things)
just a wonder as the only thing I ever had with hydrostatic before is my garden tractor and always have them in the heated shop in the winter

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #23  
im having a similar issue. Just cranking with no clicking. Replaced the electronic fuel pump...still no clicking. Whrn I turn the key either to preheat or start my flashers on the dashboard light up very faintly....do know why...its never done that before. Where is the solenoid????

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #24  
Synthetic fluid is better than regular. During WW2
the Germans had to use Synthetic oil in their
diesels/gas engines so they could start them in
the winder in Russia

You could use a heat lamp to heat your tranny
put a timer on it so it will give you an hour or more

willy

/ sc2400 won't start. . . #25  
Please see attachments for the SA, thought it might help with some issues, contact me as I might have additional machine info on the SA

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 117
  • start 5.jpg
    start 5.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Start Switch YA.jpg
    Start Switch YA.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 108
  • start.jpg
    start.jpg