Buying Advice Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #51  
I was wondering about those tires... do they Mark the ground up? Would I piss off any account holders?

I don't mow commercially but I can rip up the grass with turfs if not careful. The bar tires keep the ZD from getting stuck in the muck where the turf tires loaded up with mud and turned in to slicks. About 25% of my mow-able area stays either soaked or with water on top till about this time of year.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR
As I said, they could not or would not tell me what they did to actually make the engine run.
It is running now.

I MAY HAVE BEEN PREMATURE.........:(

Mower will not start when engine is hot. Nothing happens when I turn the key.
Apparently shop did not replace the Starter selonoid like they were suppose to.

Last edited:
   / Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #53  
Jeez, isn't that where you started?

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #55  

Have the shop or you do it put a relay in the starter circuit. A relay in the starter circuit cures most of the, "Turn Key" nothing happens problems. This problem was given birth too when all the safety devices and cut outs were added to mowers.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #56  
Don't use them for commercial use but my brother is a long time Dixon user and fan. Owns 2 of em.

Anybody care to comment on Bad Boys ??????????

I have a Bad Boy Outlaw with 160 hours. Got it two years ago September.

I like it alot. It is fast and mows excellent and the upgraded seat helps with the ride. It cuts my mowing time vs. the Bobcat Tractor (6 ft. RFM) down by about 1/4th. I still use the tractor on the long, straight and treeless fields but the Bad Boy on the shorter and more tree filled areas.

I got the Bad Bot primarily because the dealer was located near and had a good reputation. I have not been disappointed. They pick-up/deliver for free, do good work, are timely and charge a reasonable price IMO.

MoKelly

Have the shop or you do it put a relay in the starter circuit. A relay in the starter circuit cures most of the, "Turn Key" nothing happens problems. This problem was given birth too when all the safety devices and cut outs were added to mowers.

That would be nice for all the safety switches.

The Starter Selonoid is the problem here.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #58  
GMC,
You've got to be among the most patient people I've ever run into.

If I lived anywhere close you would buy me a six pack and a hamburger, we could drink together while we fixed the dam machine and then eat and sip some whiskey and smoke a cigar while the sun set on the day.

I am still waiting for the shop to solve this latest starter issue with my mower.

I Can not see why it takes so long to call a customer back.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #60  
I say there man - you have the patience of Job. I would be looking for a way to offload that unit when its repaired this time. Me thinks you may have a lemon on your hands there.