Buying Advice Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #61  
I have a Bad Boy Outlaw with 160 hours. Got it two years ago September.

I like it alot. It is fast and mows excellent and the upgraded seat helps with the ride. It cuts my mowing time vs. the Bobcat Tractor (6 ft. RFM) down by about 1/4th. I still use the tractor on the long, straight and treeless fields but the Bad Boy on the shorter and more tree filled areas.

I got the Bad Bot primarily because the dealer was located near and had a good reputation. I have not been disappointed. They pick-up/deliver for free, do good work, are timely and charge a reasonable price IMO.

MoKelly
I have been a Bad Boy
dealer for 5 years now. The only mower I sell. They designed mowers for rural areas and I think they are the easiest to repair and service. The parts are less expensive than Scag and Kubota. When I was looking at what brand to sell I called scag first. Never could get a rep to call me back! Dixie chopper not interested either. Called Bad Boy and rep came by same week and had mowers at my store 10 days later. I sold 42 so far this year in a town population of 5000. Bad Boy is here to stay!

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #62  
I say there man - you have the patience of Job. I would be looking for a way to offload that unit when its repaired this time. Me thinks you may have a lemon on your hands there.

Me thinks he's got himself a lemon dealership.
That machine hasn't run right since they put their hands on it.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #63  
The electrical system on one of these mowers is not that complicated.
Something is seriously wrong with the dealership or the story

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR
I say there man - you have the patience of Job. I would be looking for a way to offload that unit when its repaired this time. Me thinks you may have a lemon on your hands there.

I would trade this in immediately if I could get a fair deal.

Dealer shop just called and explained they have talked to the area Service rep with Scag. Seems there is a relay in the starters or solenoid that contains grease and when the unit gets hot, the grease gets into contacts. Scags only solution is to clean the grease out of that area which they did one of the previous times my mower was there. I say if the grease is there whenthe engine is hot why not when it is cold.
Anyway, they say that some of the PTO switches have been going out causing the no-start. The PTO switch works but the ohms is wrong to cause the no-start. I'm just repeating what they said.

I am at their mercy as this dealer is the only place Scag will allow to work under the warranty given under a grace period. My original warranty is now expired.

The electrical system on one of these mowers is not that complicated.
Something is seriously wrong with the dealership or the story

Tain't me ..though if I had not been the recipient of this "devils mower" I would find it hard to believe anyone could have this much trouble with any mower.

Get ready..........I am about to get the mower out and mow.
I have to buy some gas first as the tank is low and if I run out of gas in the middle of a mow.......well there the "devils mower" will sit for a day.

I have a plan for when I take the mower to the shop next. They are off a few days this week.

Mow first, drive it onto the trailer and maybe even leave it running. When I get to the shop I should be able to drive the mower over into the shop
and kill the engine and let the "fun" begin. lol :rolleyes:

After two weeks, the Scag Mower is still in the shop for the same no-start condition its had since last January. Sometimes the mower will start and sometimes it will not.
For an update nothing happens when I turn the key to start the engine. I have an extended warranty at this repair shop only.

After two weeks, the Scag Mower is still in the shop for the same no-start condition its had since last January. Sometimes the mower will start and sometimes it will not.
For an update nothing happens when I turn the key to start the engine. I have an extended warranty at this repair shop only.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #68  
Unfriggin believable.
I would have cut that cord long ago. Find someone that will fix the machine. Dust off your pants and call it a day.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #69  

That's just CRAZY! What good is an extended warranty with this shop, except to extend your suffering under their ineptitude?!
There HAS to be a way to fix your mower. How 'bout an entire new electrical harness from key switch throughout?
Is there no recourse through your State's AG?
I find it hard to believe Scag Corp. just lets this madness continue....

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #70  
That sounds like it could be a problem with the ground wire. Can you check to make SURE the negative cable on the battery is securely grounded to the mower frame?