Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #351  
Home
20211121_155949.jpg
20211112_121603.jpg
20211112_121803.jpg
20211031_182726.jpg

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #353  
Snow-3.jpg

First snow of the season last week. Shy of two inches, but more to come I'm sure. Meanwhile, many of my friends from the west side of the state are trying to recover from record flooding, with the forecast of more hard rain coming.

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #355  
Last night but camera phone is lacking

Towers of Bay and Golden Gate in the distance and SF Skyline

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_170455504.jpg
    IMG_20211124_170455504.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
   / Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #356  
A picture from a 22 mile bike ride I took yesterday. It sure looks flat but there are a lot of small hills around here, probably none more than a 100 feet of elevation change, most less. I have a bike app I use and it said had an elevation gain of 1400 feet, and the same elevation loss because I started and ended at home.
I always enjoyed bike rides, either alone or with another. I am now 70 and the long bike rides are 10 years past, and the area I live in now is way to hilly, I don't think I'd ever get back in good enough shape to do much riding around here. I am going to scout the area to see if I can find some flat enough roads in the Spring, but the roads here all seem to head east and rise from from 900' valley floor to 4000'+ in about 10 to 15 miles. I used to be able to ride just about anywhere 10 years ago but these hills would have been a challenge when I was in riding shape.

Last edited:
   / Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #357  
I always enjoyed bike rides, either alone or with another. I am now 70 and the long bike rides are 10 years past, and the area I live in now is way to hilly, I don't think I'd ever get back in good enough shape to do much riding around here. I am going to scout the area to see if I can find some flat enough roads in the Spring, but the roads here all seem to head east and rise from from 900' valley floor to 4000'+ in about 10 to 15 miles. I used to be able to ride just about anywhere 10 years ago but these hills would have been a challenge when I was in riding shape.
E-bike. That's what 70s friends do, still bike but electric assist going uphill.

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #358  
E-bike. That's what 70s friends do, still bike but electric assist going uphill.
I am going to look into one of those in the Spring. It won't help too much on some of the hills around here, but if I stay on the valley floor I should be able to find some places to ride.

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #360  
My bike is an E bike also. You can dial up the assist or turn it off. Best description I heard of owning an e bike is you will ride further, faster and more often. It makes hills and head winds fun.