Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #51  
Petroleum prices are a commodity, and price is market driven. Our government has very little to do with it.

Sadly, our government has everything to do with the price of oil by increasing regulations, canceling drilling permits, canceling the pipeline, canceling loans and outright declaring that they will cancel the oil industry. To believe that the price of oil is based on the market would mean ignoring everything that is currently being done to restrict drilling in the US where we have more oil then every other country out there. There is so much known oil available that there is no reason for it to cost over $40 a barrel, or have to import it from Russia or Iran.

/ Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #52  
this looks like another retro wanna be like the new Jeep pickup. has nothing to do with original, not even in looks.
imho both are lame vehicles.

once had a Scout I w/304. body & suspension were weak & flimsy, drive train was outstanding. pulled many of loads of cattle over the mt. i don't really have a take on the new Bronco (other than don't care for looks). but this series looks like a poor rendition of the original

Last edited:
   / Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #53  
After years of holding out, I finally bought a girlie tranny (Subaru Legacy 2015) and got quite used to it. I reckon I'll get used to the EV as well.

(There was a time when I thought the Scout was adorable, but all I could afford then was a Harley 125cc, actually a German war reparations thing manufactured in five countries including both Germanys, with the others being the US, UK, and USSR.)

/ Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #54  
VW better hurry if they wanna ride that Scout nostalgia wave. All the fans from that era will be moving to The Villages and buying pimped-out golf carts instead.

/ Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #55  
Last summer, I was driving up a 'local hill' and was behind a very slow vehicle, with nowhere to pass. (Read: Toyota Prius drawing a trailer). All I could think, my God, I am so glad that I am not behind a Hybrid or EV truck hauling a full size camper through the Rockies! EV's might just kill the desire to haul any camper!

/ Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #56  
A lot of things can change in a decade. Hopefully battery technology will be better, while proponents will start to acknowledge they aren't as "Clean" as advertised. There are a lot of advantages... the low end torque of an EV will be much better than any ICE.
Maybe they even will find a way to make them sound like a Mopar with a racing cam.

I hope not though, that would be sacriligeous.
I like the fact that the motor only has only one moving part. I understand why mechanics and many 'car guys' don't.

/ Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #57  
Welcome to the age of tracking, monitoring and the exclusion of the above average man the ability to afford and maintain. The person that supports the destruction of the internal combustion engine industry as a trade off for a political mans wealth is a lunatic. Your descendants will suffer.

/ Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #59  
This rig by VW is NOT a new thing (forgive the pun). They just weren't here in the US. When my wife was stationed in Germany she had seen these around and they were apparently well made and popular with people who wanted a durable vehicle with more clearance than an AWD car.

/ Scout by... Volkswagen ?!?!?!? Electric, no less. #60  
Much as I enjoy horses, I accept that my tractor is better than a horse. It isn't bad government, social engineering, or a conspiracy that made that true.

In the same spirit, instead of resisting facts, we've covered our barn roof with solar panels, bought a couple of used EVs, and now rarely buy fuel for anything besides the tractors, UTV and mower for the last two years.

We were already saving a pile of money back when gas cost $2.80. We still have one gas car for long road trips because (see above) we're not resistant to facts, but nobody in the family wants to drive that car unless they have to, because the EVs so much more fun to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.