Scut front tire upgrade

/ Scut front tire upgrade #1  

twowoode

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 2155, Massey Ferguson gc1723eb tlb, ASV rc50, Ford 8n
Well after 2 years I finally got a flat front tire on my little Massey. When I took the tire to my local ag central they managed to tear up the side wall on the inside just above the bead trying to take the tire off the rim. Long story short they didn’t tell me what they had done but said it needed a tube. After 2 attempts to install the tube valve stem through the hole properly I told them to take the tube out and took the tire home thinking since they got the tire loose from the rim I would patch it myself. I found the damage when I went to patch the tire. Should I try the tube or replace the tire? I am a little concerned since I have a loader on the tractor. If I replace should I go from the 4 ply to a 6 or 8 ply? Thanks for any thoughts

/ Scut front tire upgrade #2  
Well after 2 years I finally got a flat front tire on my little Massey. When I took the tire to my local ag central they managed to tear up the side wall on the inside just above the bead trying to take the tire off the rim. Long story short they didn’t tell me what they had done but said it needed a tube. After 2 attempts to install the tube valve stem through the hole properly I told them to take the tube out and took the tire home thinking since they got the tire loose from the rim I would patch it myself. I found the damage when I went to patch the tire. Should I try the tube or replace the tire? I am a little concerned since I have a loader on the tractor. If I replace should I go from the 4 ply to a 6 or 8 ply? Thanks for any thoughts
I would try tubing them and see if it works. If not, replace them. And make the tire shop give you free tubes to redeem their mistakes.

/ Scut front tire upgrade #3  
I would replace the tire. Either on their dime or your own. No way would I want a front tire with damage in that location. Especially with a FEL.

Start with telling the tire shop they owe you a tire, and go from there.

/ Scut front tire upgrade
Thanks, that’s what I was thinking.

/ Scut front tire upgrade #5  
FYI: I just purchased two front tires mounted on wheels for a BX Kabota for less money than the Massey dealer wanted for the tires alone. My GC2610 now has orange front wheels.

/ Scut front tire upgrade
As a follow up to my damaged tire the manager stepped up after looking at the damage. He had a new tire ordered and installed no charge. They have definitely earned my future business.

/ Scut front tire upgrade #8  
That’s awesome. I had a small tractor with a front and loader that had skinny ag tires on the front. Replaced them several times throughout the life of the tractor seemed like I was constantly having flats or front tire issues from the weight and abuse of the front loader. Finally filled them with foam rubber.
Tractor road a bit rougher but what a fantastic idea that was. Never had another tire issue the entire time I had the tractor.