Sears Economy

/ Sears Economy #11  
Yeah we have a Sears & Roebuck house nearby. I had a friend that had a 1940 Buick Businessmans Coupe back in the day that had a Sears & Roebuck remanufatured engine in it. Had a metal plate riveted to the valve cover with the Sears name on it.

And in the TMI division I grew up using a Sears & Roebuck catalog for toilet paper in the outhouse. :)

I've seen Sears houses but never a tractor - that's really neat!

Continuing the TMI, we didn't have an outhouse but we kept old catalogs in the bathroom for when the TP ran out.

/ Sears Economy #12  
Learn something here everyday.

Being a lifelong Model A person I recognized the sound as a Model A and the choke/mixture rod as Model A...

Wish I had not seen this because what Model A collection is complete without a Model A Tractor?

TBN'ers helping other TBN'ers..... Spend Money !

Just helping you with the space that needs filling at the Solar Hacienda.... :D

Neat tractor JD, thanks for posting.

Rgds, D.

/ Sears Economy #13  
TBN'ers helping other TBN'ers..... Spend Money !

Just helping you with the space that needs filling at the Solar Hacienda.... :D

Neat tractor JD, thanks for posting.

Rgds, D.

Just out taking measurements... would think just shy of 2 acres there would be lots of room but the property is from the center of a ridge sloping down to the a small creek...

Nothing construction wise is cheap here... building trades are full out with all the fires the last couple of years...

Home/Workshop is nice... 3 garage doors are 7'9" wide each... fine for small cars and tractors!

The Model A mechanical aspect is most intriguing for a vintage tractor... must not be many in California for me not to have come across one... have seen a Model A powered airplane... now that is scary...

/ Sears Economy #14  
Just out taking measurements... would think just shy of 2 acres there would be lots of room but the property is from the center of a ridge sloping down to the a small creek...

Nothing construction wise is cheap here... building trades are full out with all the fires the last couple of years...

Home/Workshop is nice... 3 garage doors are 7'9" wide each... fine for small cars and tractors!

The Model A mechanical aspect is most intriguing for a vintage tractor... must not be many in California for me not to have come across one... have seen a Model A powered airplane... now that is scary...

The "Pietenpol" is powered by a model A engine.
Sweet little airplane.

/ Sears Economy #15  
Yep that's the one!

/ Sears Economy #16  
Awesome. Love old tractors. I was to a show one time in moncton. A display guy said did you know the wheels in the front was to save $50 on the price of a tractor because they didn't have to supply a front axle. $50 back then was also of money. Man different times for sure but I'm not so sure how far we really came.

/ Sears Economy #17  
I thought it was s row crop tractor as most seemed to be in that day.

/ Sears Economy
Found another Sears sold tractor.

/ Sears Economy #19  
Came across this on YouTube.

Sears was the 'Amazon' of their day. They actually invented the whole buy it from home concept. Your only choice back then, in small/med towns was the local General Store. Sears came out with a catalog, and the rest is history. If you could buy it, they sold it. Homes, cars, airplanes, wood mills, grain mills, you name it. **** shame what management has done to them, all while scamming millions in bonus's. Definitely be included in Business classes of the future.

/ Sears Economy #20  
I'm old enough to remember when folks bought baby chicks and even honey bees through the mail. I think those came from Sears, too.