Sears Economy

/ Sears Economy #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Came across this on YouTube.

/ Sears Economy #2  
Very cool! Thanks for posting. Sear did sell it all from their catalogs back in the day....I restored a 1890's horse drawn buggy for a friend a few years ago....it originally sold in the catalog for $19.95. Those are some great looking vintage tractors.

/ Sears Economy
Yeah we have a Sears & Roebuck house nearby. I had a friend that had a 1940 Buick Businessmans Coupe back in the day that had a Sears & Roebuck remanufatured engine in it. Had a metal plate riveted to the valve cover with the Sears name on it.

And in the TMI division I grew up using a Sears & Roebuck catalog for toilet paper in the outhouse. :)

/ Sears Economy #4  
There is more daylight than engine in that thing.

Astounding to see a tractor AD with the tractor selling price printed right there,

/ Sears Economy #5  
Sear did sell it all from their catalogs back in the day.

Yes, they did. The first motorcycle I ever rode on was an Allstate from Sears Roebuck in Ardmore, OK, in the early '50s.

/ Sears Economy #6  
Learn something here everyday.

Being a lifelong Model A person I recognized the sound as a Model A and the choke/mixture rod as Model A...

Wish I had not seen this because what Model A collection is complete without a Model A Tractor?

/ Sears Economy

Being a lifelong Model A person I recognized the sound as a Model A and the choke/mixture rod as Model A...

Wish I had not seen this because what Model A collection is complete without a Model A Tractor?

I thought it was funny that you could buy it for $100 less without the engine. Just in case you had a model A engine laying around.

/ Sears Economy #8  
When I restored my first Model A short blocks cost $150 and long blocks $195.

I think it would be easy to spend 15 times that now.

The Model A has a unique sound... no mistaking it and this is where the movies often get it wrong... they will show a model a and play generic audio of a car.

Model A engines and later versions with higher compression... often called B and C engines have a lot of torque with large flywheels... sounds perfect for tractor work.

/ Sears Economy #9  

Now you GOTTA find one!
Maybe John will sell you one of his 39's.
He does have 5, and who needs five?

/ Sears Economy #10  
Maybe I can trade him one of my Model A's?

We have a standing family joke that my brother and I should create a small AG museum on the corner of his property... Celebrating Local Agricultural Heritage.

Between the antique tractors and cars plus some old related equipment we could have a nice display... add in some historic pictures of the farm and done...