Seat repair redplacement

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I have a NH tractor that has cracks in the seam locations. Not unpleasant to drive but water gets in there and remains until I sit in it than it squeezes out to soak my pants. This happens whether I tilt the seat up or not. Looks like a new seat from Messicks is over $300. Generic replacements from tractor supply are reasonable but I don't know if I will need to adapt how it attaches. My brother in law years ago repaired my Kubota seat with some kind of thick (maybe 1/16 in) rubber tape that adhered seemingly permanently. I can't find any suck tape. Any ideas?

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
I had the same problem of cracks in the seat. Same results, water gets in and soaks your pants when you sit. I tried a strong vinyl repair tape but it did not work for very long. I ended up replacing my entire seat with a universal type spring suspension seat from Tractor Supply for about a hundred bucks. I did have to adapt it to fit my sliding seat track but it was easy to do. I think it may have taken a couple hours but was well worth it for me. I now enjoy having a suspension seat. I could have gone cheaper with a replacement fixed seat but for a hundred bucks went the other way.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Some of those generic seats are pretty cheap and nasty. I have a molded seat on my Steiner that is ripped and I am just going to bite the bullet and pay the couple of hundred bucks for a new Steiner one. Another unmolded seat on my Kubota loader, I will take to a customer of mine who does reupholstry for transit services. Might cost me a little but the brand new Exmark seat I am using now (A freebee) is of different dimensions and a little annoying. A replacement seat from Kubota was something like twelve hundred bucks if my memory serves me!

jimainiac

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830HST
Here's an idea that worked for me. A tree branch came down and put a scrape in my seat cushion. I put a patch on it so water wouldn't get in, but didn't like sitting on the patch, so I stole a boat cushion from our canoe and set it on the seat. I now get the added advantage of sitting up a little higher, which I like. It was a cushion/flotation device, so it had straps on the back for putting your arms through. I slipped them under the seat and hooked them together with bungees to secure the cushion in place.

OP
P

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
Thanks everybody for advice. I went to ebay and bought what looks like a OEM seat for 119 instead of the 329+ that was listed at the NH dealer. Works great was exact replacement with new bolts included.