Seat safety switch

/ Seat safety switch #1  

keni

Tractor
murphy1961
New too the group go easy on me lol. First snow fall of the year went out my 2014 B3350 will not start new battery this fall. Was working great but a few times lately tractor stalled out from seat activity. So im thinking the seat safety switch hopefully is it built into seat on this model or seperate.
and how do i get at it went out and looked before dark to see if seat flips up but ran out of light.
Tks

/ Seat safety switch #2  
You said: "...a few times lately tractor stalled out from seat activity." What does that mean? I do not so far hear anything that would cause me to think the seat safety interlock was involved. I would first check all the cable connections (at the battery too though being new that SHOULD have been cleaned and tightened.) Ground cables at the frame at the engine, etc. are all frequent culprits. Loosen, use the wire brush, retighten after cleaning.
You say "will not start." Please elaborate -- will it turn over or no? Do you hear a click or not when you try to start it?

/ Seat safety switch #3  
I'm not a big fan of the overuse of safety switches, and killing the tractor every time a person gets on or off.

However, it may also depend on how one is using the tractor. So, one doesn't want to jump down on top of moving mower blades.