MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #1  

Jason280

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330
I bought a new MX5400 in '22, and I am almost ready to completely disable the seat safety switch. It entirely too sensitive, and and just about any change in position on the seat will shut the tractor down. I'm 170lbs, and its aggravating trying to run/watch any implement behind you without the tractor trying to turn off. Looks like this one is physically built into the bottom of the seat cushion, so I am not sure if there is any way to make it less sensitive. Its bad enough that my 130lb wife and 140lb son can't even operate the tractor.

Any solution short of disabling it all together?

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #3  
I bought a new MX5400 in '22, and I am almost ready to completely disable the seat safety switch. It entirely too sensitive, and and just about any change in position on the seat will shut the tractor down. I'm 170lbs, and its aggravating trying to run/watch any implement behind you without the tractor trying to turn off. Looks like this one is physically built into the bottom of the seat cushion, so I am not sure if there is any way to make it less sensitive. Its bad enough that my 130lb wife and 140lb son can't even operate the tractor.

my parents put 10 bricks under my butt when i was 10... prolly doesn't help here though

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #4  
Just disable it...jump the wires under the seat. Farmers have used tractors for many years without these safety nannies that are now being forced on us! Just use your head and remember Safety First once you've disabled the switch.

One of the first things I did when I got my Kubota!

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch
Just hook the two wires together

While this is the simplest option, I don't necessarily like the idea of completely disabling it...that being said, its too much of a PITA right now to not so something about it.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #6  
While this is the simplest option, I don't necessarily like the idea of completely disabling it...that being said, its too much of a PITA right now to not so something about it.
I don't know of a way to make it less sensitive...but you could put a switch in the system to turn it on and off when you deem it necessary.

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #9  
Maybe you need to do a little reengineering of the switch.

Bypass the switch built into the seat. Then mount a new switch in a different place that would allow you to adjust the sensitivity.

Doug in SW IA

/ MX5400....I hate the seat safety switch #10  

One of the very first things that I do upon taking delivery of a new tractor is to defeat the OP switch.