Seat Suggestions

/ Seat Suggestions #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Considering a replacement seat for my JD 4310. I think I would like something with an adjustable Lumbar and arm rests. I would like to retain the seat safety switch also. Any suggestions?

/ Seat Suggestions
My tractor seat already has a suspension of sorts. Never looked under the boot so it may just be adjustable springs but it does have some spring to it. It has the original seat that is discolored but otherwise intact. I have one of the cloth covers over it. It isn't harsh but just doesn't offer anything extra other than being springy. I did tighten it up a while back to stop it from bottoming out.

Most of the seats I've found have no provision for a safety switch and the better ones all want you to buy a suspension setup. I didn't want to get into buying a whole suspension setup to mount and then have to bypass my safety switch.

I decided to try adding some support to my existing seat. I found some mesh things with a gel pad sewn in for lumbar support at Walmart for $15 each so I bought a couple of those. I put one against the back and one on the seating surface and stretched the cover back on. It makes the cover look a little buggered but it does add comfort over stock. The lumbar pad hits me right in the small of my back and the other pad offers some leg support. The bottom pretty much sinks to the original seating surface when you sit in it but springs up to support any voids where it didn't previously.

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG