Seat time withdrawal?

/ Seat time withdrawal? #1  

ssgp2

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 990, Case IH Farmall 40
Anybody get tractor seat time withdrawals? Here in the south, we don’t do just a whole lot of snow plowing or blowing and most don’t even have the equipment for that and mowing season ain’t year round. While there are some things to be done, there’s just not a whole lot that requires a tractor. So, who all gets the itch to just be on the tractor?

/ Seat time withdrawal? #2  
When I lived in the south, I had year round seat time. Today's morning high was a mere 8F, no seat time at all in dairy-land WI.

/ Seat time withdrawal? #3  
Yup! I have fully acclimated to the south now from many years in NH, NY and AK. When it's in the 40s and breezy now, I don't want to be outside on a tractor. It took about 12 years to get to that point, neighbors thought I was crazy, now I get it lol

/ Seat time withdrawal? #4  
We’ve had the least amount of snow that I can remember, in my 59 years so far this winter here, in the north west corner of NY state. I’d have normally plowed snow more than a dozen times by now, but just (4) so far, this winter.

I am thankful that at least it’s been cold enough to keep burning our wood stove in the house (it gets too hot in there for that when the nighttime low is not below 40 F), so that I can fire up the tractor once a week to bring a half face cord up to the porch from the woodshed.

I do miss the seat time plowing snow though. I like snowplowing so much, that I bought the smallest tractor money can buy (10 hp Farmall Cub), so that I can stretch that job out as long as possible when we do get blessed with a little snow.

/ Seat time withdrawal? #5  
I could use some seat time.

This winter has been dismal. Used the tractor one time, and the skid steer with the 'blower once. Not because they were needed to do the job, but because I could.

So far the little L3800 has been able to take care of the meager amounts of snow we've got.

/ Seat time withdrawal? #6  
Living in the northeast might get couple back to back snowstorms or you wait for week two,but when mud season arrives wait could be longer

/ Seat time withdrawal? #7  
Come on up here. You can have plenty of seat time.
Pay sucks though…

/ Seat time withdrawal? #9  
You couldn't possibly pay me less than I do.

Unless you want me to pay for the fuel, too.

You’d have to be able to carry your weight with a chain saw, cut back stickers and probably clean out an old barn or 2.

Then maybe, just maybe, I might let you play on the tractors.

Thought I’d mention that.