Seat upgrade L40

/ Seat upgrade L40
Well i call my dealer for a price on a L6026 1700.00$ plus tax shipping .No way am going to get this the price is crazy. Then i call DARBY MANUFACTURING they sell the same seat but 2100.00$ plus shipping .Well that it no upgrade seat for me.

/ Seat upgrade L40
Well after taking the seat apart am going to try and make a new lower seat whit cloth i may bring to the upostry shop see what he charge to get it done .Am going to go whit a 4inch foam and cloth material .Will post pick .

/ Seat upgrade L40 #14  

/ Seat upgrade L40 #15  
Well i call my dealer for a price on a L6026 1700.00$ plus tax shipping .No way am going to get this the price is crazy. Then i call DARBY MANUFACTURING they sell the same seat but 2100.00$ plus shipping .Well that it no upgrade seat for me.

I paid CDN$1300 for the air ride seat seat a year ago and have no regrets. Sorry, I regret I didn't put it in 5 years ago, it would have been that much much cheaper and saved me 5 years of pain and suffering. I did a lot of fiddling with my OEM seat and my conclusion is the K OEM seats are designed to suck - even if you are 5 feet tall and weigh 80 lbs.

Inflation sucks but I really don't see prices dropping any time soon.

Low stroke mechanical suspension seats don't work if you have back problems.

/ Seat upgrade L40 #16  
Coupman, it requires modification to the seat pan, but you want a Grammer MSG93/721 seat. It has longer suspension stroke than the seat in the L60 series, and is likely cheaper than buying from Kubota.

I bought mine from toughseats.com. It was not cheap even 6 years ago, but I was able to sell the factory seat out of my L40 for a couple hundred bucks to offset.

All the info on the conversion is here:

The only thing I would not do again is add the document storage box option. I’m tall so typically the seat is in the full rearward position, which caused the document box to hit the storage box when the seat compressed.

/ Seat upgrade L40 #17  
You may wish to inquire at the YouTube site, as there is one fellow who waxes ebullient about his seat that he has replaced on his Kubota.

/ Seat upgrade L40
Here a other seat i found that ma fit good .

BE Agricultural Deluxe Cab Air Suspension Seat SEA-18DCSBE​

/ Seat upgrade L40
Called the dealer had a good talk whit him he told me now they do have a seat for the L60 series a direct fit no mode to the floor pan same plug in. the PTO harness which you can get at a 200.00 price.But he told me if am not going to use the PTO out of the tractor i dont need it .
The seat is 1325.00 plus tax so 1525.00$ I order one going to come in a few weeks.

/ Seat upgrade L40 #20  
Called the dealer had a good talk whit him he told me now they do have a seat for the L60 series a direct fit no mode to the floor pan same plug in. the PTO harness which you can get at a 200.00 price.But he told me if am not going to use the PTO out of the tractor i dont need it .
The seat is 1325.00 plus tax so 1525.00$ I order one going to come in a few weeks.

Correct, they offer a “factory” air ride seat option for the L60 that doesn’t require modification to the seat pan.

However it is a much shorter travel air ride that does not ride as well as the longer travel model that others have mentioned.