Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #21  
You bet!

Yes only when on. I can see the difference. It isn't much, but I guess if you are a professional operator it would be nice to be able to turn it on and off as needed for a type of work.

I can bang it with the self leveling on.

I also think Bigpuddie may be correct...I just havent tried self leveling something as I move the FEL down. I never really noticed...mostly grapple and dirt work thus far...which means I am manipulating the curl and not letting it self level anyway. I "feel" like it doesn't self level on the way down, but maybe others can go test their machines and tell us. Mine is an hour away :(

I dont think it has KSR, I havent noticed it adjusting the FEL on bumps. I also never noticed it in the specs or in my research. I thought that was only on Skid Steers?
KRS is an option on the M series. Pretty darn sure I didnt see it as an option when I got my L4060 a couple years ago. At any rate it's a separate system from the self leveling systems.

It's just a pneumatic shock absorber. There is a T in the loader lift circuit with a solenoid on it. There is a tank ontop of that with air in it. Probably in a bladder or something.

When the valve is closed it acts normally. When opened the air compresses & absorbs motion somewhat as the loader bounces. Generally makes for a smoother ride when cruising around with a load on the loader.

It would likely cause erratic behavior when not traveling & using the loader for digging or what not. Things generally being squishy when hydraulics should be solid.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #22  
Most hydraulic accumulators use nitrogen as the compressible gas for cushioning. The amount of cushioning can be varied by the pressure of the nitrogen. Having a solenoid valve to isolate the cushion would be handy for when cushioning is not needed or desired. I would think cushioning would be very handy to reduce tractor and loader stress when gathering bales out of a rough field for example.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #23  
The M59 has the hydraulic self levelling and it works ok. I generally only turn it on when running the forks. I don't like it for loader work it does seem to slow down digging a bit.

I prefer the mechanical systems - the hydraulic ones seem to lose the level position and have to be adjusted regularly between cycles