Self Leveling Mod for Compact?

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
I see that Branson has come out with a Self Leveling kit for their compact and utility tractors. That's a feature that I've always wanted/needed for my L3400. Anyone heard of Kubota coming out with a kit, either hydraulic or mechanical, for their smaller tractors?

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #2  
Looks like the updated B2601 will have it as an option. I imagine you will start seeing it offered on more models.

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact?
Wow! My hat's off to Retchr, the poster in the link above. Without a doubt, his skill level is far beyond mine.

I'd like to have either a pre-made kit that with my basic auto mechanic skills, I could install, or learn about a forthcoming mod that dealers can/will install. I'm quite sure that if Branson can and will do it for their compacts, a brilliant company like Kubota could as well.

Cheap and/or inexpensive will NOT be a part of their description. But the word 'useful' should be their headline. ...Handy as a shirt pocket!

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #5  
If you are into fabricating/slightly engineering, you could retrofit your loader with this style. It's been used for years over here. Basically you have two additional cylinders mounted above the lift cylinders that are tied into the curl/dump circuit. Whenever you lift the loader, these small cylinders will work as slave cylinders and keep the bucket level.

Now the tricky parts is to figure all the volumes and pivot points to make sure the bucket stays leveled on the full lift range of the loader.

41937291_1893425230753116_6823055492479188992_o.jpg17191512_1284153608346951_3920405246320148698_n.jpg

What is that option you're talking about on Branson? Do you have a link for any info on this? Over here, Branson are sold with an aftermarket self-leveling loader while in the US, they are sold with non self leveling loaders. I know they have been working on something about self leveling loaders tho.

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #6  
My buddy has a 55HP Kioti and there aren't any extra cylinders, his is all done with linkage. I'm guessing the valve will have to be specific as well as the tilt cylinders will have to have a place for fluid to go as it remains level. He would like for me to fab up the same linkage for his new 50 HP Kioti but I don't think it's that simple.

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #7  
My buddy has a 55HP Kioti and there aren't any extra cylinders, his is all done with linkage. I'm guessing the valve will have to be specific as well as the tilt cylinders will have to have a place for fluid to go as it remains level. He would like for me to fab up the same linkage for his new 50 HP Kioti but I don't think it's that simple.
212 Kioti Dk55 Tractor W/ Self Leveling Loader

Edit: After looking at the pics in the link above it may actually be that simple :)
Edit again: KIOTI VERY LARGE Compact Tractor DK551 4WD Hydro Shuttle 55HP & Front Loader - PS99,995. | PicClick UK
This has some clearer pictures

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #8  
These are aftermarket loader. For some reason, we don't get original loaders for any brand of tractor for that matter. So who wants a loader on their tractor, just get an aftermarket one, which are actually very well built.

The loader valve is just a regular one, with float and joystick. I think they add a dual cross line relief valve on the dump circuit.

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #9  
These are aftermarket loader. For some reason, we don't get original loaders for any brand of tractor for that matter. So who wants a loader on their tractor, just get an aftermarket one, which are actually very well built.

The loader valve is just a regular one, with float and joystick. I think they add a dual cross line relief valve on the dump circuit.

I didn't realize you are in Portugal, funny how things are different around the world. Any idea why you can't get factory loaders?

/ Self Leveling Mod for Compact? #10  
No, I have no idea. It's like this all over the Europe but I've never found a reason for it.

Anyway, 95%, if not more, of the loaders, are self leveling. Either mechanically or hydraulically like the ones I've shown before.