Seller Beware

/ Seller Beware #13  
scam - "Cashier's Check" can be faked... I followed one guy that would make the scammer send the Cashier's Check (he had dozen of fake ones) jump through hoops and what not. pretty funny to watch... only to waste the scammer's money (not with the check) but with the overnight postage.

You can follow through but don't give them the address - and tell them, you'll give them the address only after the check clears.... YOU will never hear back from them!

/ Seller Beware #14  
I usually respond with F off and die a slow horrible death to those.

/ Seller Beware #15  
They tried this with my dad when he sold his 8n on CL. He was 75ish. I told him not to even talk to anyone or deal with anyone that will not come and look at it.

He still calls me telling this BS story about the guy wants to send him a check, said he wants it and sending a check. I said, its a scam dad, "what how could it be a scam he wants to send a check", its a scam dad! He listened, it sold to a real buyer a week later.

My theory, they like tractors because they think everyone with a tractor is a gullible farmer who trusts everyone. Apparently they are right in some cases.

As soon as you see the words "I've been really busy and cannot come to look", it is a scam.

/ Seller Beware #16  
Tell them to cash the check and bring you a stack of dead presidents and check every single one with a counterfeit marker. I sold a tractor for 25 k told the guy to bring cash only and had a deputy onsite to verify the transaction and count the money in front of him. Call your local sheriff they will be glad to help you with that because it’s a lot less work than investigating the scammers

/ Seller Beware #17  
Probably through old habit, but I still check Craig's List once and a while. Each time I do a look through, it seems like a waste of time. Posters on Craig's List are in another universe then I am. They want new retail prices on their used goods. Do I bother to call them and say, I can get that at such and such a place, new, for what you are asking? Which becomes an entirely extra waste of time. :)

/ Seller Beware #18  
Another beware scam from Craigslist...
Off duty police officer set up date and time to meet seller with car it was cash deal,sadly officer was shot and rob but it wasn't fatal.

/ Seller Beware #19  
Another beware scam from Craigslist...
Off duty police officer set up date and time to meet seller with car it was cash deal,sadly officer was shot and rob but it wasn't fatal.

Just call dispatch they send on duty guys all the time for large cash transactions from .