Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ?

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ?
Responses like this are fascinating in that they seem totally off track of the basic, honesty of the question..... I have no sold anything and retained the debt.

I am asking about something because I do not know the answer. Now, I can see that there is an obligation to pay the tractor off.... as I have said now repeatedly.

Some folks are responding with great exasperation and moral-highground grandstanding, so I am attempting to explain why someone who has no experience might ask such a question.

I am not trying to work a con.

Perhaps some of you have skipped my follow up responses... not sure.

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #22  
Alright, I asked the question and offered reasons why someone like me would wonder about this prospect.

I see that merely asking has raised some hackles. I figured it would be easier to ask here than to read fine print on a multipage contract! That's it.

Selling a tractor that has been owned for 2 years is a money losing proposition through and through... this is hardly a "rip off!" attempt or a con job.

It's a question.

I would offer that not-asking-a-question and giving it a go, would been the ethical "issue".

Preach if it's your thing, but I am seeking facts and thank those that have offered them.

Deadbeat consistency.

First, we are already in the handbasket.... not just heading there. Second, you'll be happy to know that I have always paid off my debts (including the houses I have owned). If everyone could say that, we would not be in the handbasket that you fear.

This situation is new to me and I have asked a question. Surely, there are bigger issues to trouble us!

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #24  
Absolutely. You have an obligation to pay all your debts.

Man... I wonder why society is heading to heck in a handbasket.
I guess were into the take care of me society here in the good old USA?When I figure out I can,t pay for the things I bought I will go belly up and file for bankruptcy or scam anyway I can to get rid of things?

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #25  
Original poster may not under stand, or just doesn't want to do the research, but still signed a contract with Kubota credit that I would have to guess says he won't sell the piece without paying it off. As explained to me until you make last payment it's still the banks. Selling stolen equipment technically.
Will anyone ever find out, well probably now but normally no. I'm sure it happens plenty and no one gets hurt.

I guess were into the take care of me society here in the good old USA?When I figure out I can,t pay for the things I bought I will go belly up and file for bankruptcy or scam anyway I can to get rid of things?

Are you referring to me or are you creating a straw man. With the exception of this tractor, I have no debts. I am, therefore, inexperienced with issues relating to being a debtor.

Not exactly an entitlement-minded issue. That is an issue that bothers me, but has nothing to do with me.

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #27  

Oh there's deadbeats here too. Lots of them.

Lots of the "I need it now" mentality where they just got to have the newest iWhatever even though they cant swing it.

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #28  
First, we are already in the handbasket.... not just heading there. Second, you'll be happy to know that I have always paid off my debts (including the houses I have owned). If everyone could say that, we would not be in the handbasket that you fear.

This situation is new to me and I have asked a question. Surely, there are bigger issues to trouble us!
Good for you.If your are debt free why ask such a question?Pay the tractor off,discussion over.

Good for you.If your are debt free why ask such a question?Pay they tractor off,discussion over.

As I have said, I have come to the understanding that low or no interest debt isn't such a bad thing... especially if you always have the payoff money sitting at the ready to pay it off. No interest money can be put to work elsewhere. That is a new concept to me, but it provoked me to ask this question here as I make plans to sell this thing.

This discussion has continued as I am now attempting to respond to the exasperations!