Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ?

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #31  
Oh there's deadbeats here too. Lots of them.

Lots of the "I need it now" mentality where they just got to have the newest iWhatever even though they cant swing it.
Had a old southern fellow I used to work with years ago and he would say don,t tell me how much it costs but how much is the monthly payment.LOL

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ?
Original poster may not under stand, or just doesn't want to do the research, but still signed a contract with Kubota credit that I would have to guess says he won't sell the piece without paying it off. As explained to me until you make last payment it's still the banks. Selling stolen equipment technically.
Will anyone ever find out, well probably now but normally no. I'm sure it happens plenty and no one gets hurt.

Thanks for the fair, unemotional response.

The debt will be paid. I had no idea how these things work or the legal obligations.

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #33  
Thanks for the fair, unemotional response.

The debt will be paid. I had no idea how these things work or the legal obligations.
You might want to consider legal representation if your not to sure how things work.

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #35  
   / Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ?
I know the truth hurts sometimes.Put your big boy panties on and move forward.

Is this one of those internet things where there is misplaced bravado and insults? It seems silly. Are you upset? Why else would you respond in such a way?

What aspect of truth was supposed to hurt me?

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #37  
Heck yes you have to pay it off. There is a lien on that tractor and it has to be clear WHEN you sell it. The buyer also needs to know you have paid it off. The tractor is collateral.
What are you thinking?
Would you do that on a car or buy something that the other guy still owes on and trust him to pay it off?
NO, because you now have the product.

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #38  
Is this one of those internet things where there is misplaced bravado and insults? It seems silly. Are you upset? Why else would you respond in such a way?

What aspect of truth was supposed to hurt me?
Not upset at all.Just remember right is right and wrong is wrong and right never hurt nobody.Food for thought.

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #39  
Not upset at all.Just remember right is right and wrong is wrong and right never hurt nobody.Food for thought.

LOLs you got that right Coobie!

/ Selling tractor : do I have to tell Kubota Credit ? #40  
Whenever we get a thread on buying a used tractor, or selling a used tractor that was financed through Kubota the solid advice is this. Caveat Emptor. Buyer Beware. Smart buyers would never just hand over the cash without first asking for the original loan paperwork, on which is the serial number and loan number. A smart buyer goes completely around the seller and calls Kubota directly. No monkey business would ever occur.

In the end, the true seller of a used, financed tractor, in such an instance, is Kubota Credit. They are the true owner for that matter, until their interest is satisfied. The buyer should drop a dime, speak directly with Kubota and hash out the details of the matter. That's how is should be done and IS done every day.

A wise buyer would never be a party to what the OP described, even theoretically, in the opening post. Just wouldn't happen.