Semi-permanent 3pth bushing?

/ Semi-permanent 3pth bushing? #1  

Luke'sScreenName

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800 with BH-90X hoe; Hustler FastTrack 48; B3300SU (sold); 1969 Case 680B CK (sold)
My tractor has great extendable 3pt lift arms and a nice top link. Problem is that they are cat 2 and every implement I own is cat 1.
I really dislike using reduction bushings! They are fiddley and easily lost and worse yet can work themselves half way out of the link with some of my implements under use.
I replaced the top link with an old cat1 I had laying arroud but it was to short any would have just been a partial solution.

Has anyone tried semi-permanently afixing the reduction bushings in the 3pth?

I was thinking, after cleaning, a carefully applied thin coating of silicone calk might hold them in place. If, in the unlikely event I need cat2 pins, I could pound the bushins out.
Another option might be a couple of tack welds.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

/ Semi-permanent 3pth bushing? #2  
Tack weld and you will know where the bushings are. Simple grinder to remove if you ever need to. Tractor supply stocks a longer top link in the cat 1. That should solve the problem.

/ Semi-permanent 3pth bushing? #3  
Just update the equipment pins to category 2

/ Semi-permanent 3pth bushing? #5  
Last edited:
   / Semi-permanent 3pth bushing? #6  
How about buying a category one quick-hitch?

/ Semi-permanent 3pth bushing? #7  
I dont see how you are loosing the bushings. When the implement is hooked up, they cannot go anywhere. When you unhook, throw them in the tractor toolbox ready for next use.

/ Semi-permanent 3pth bushing?
I dont see how you are loosing the bushings. When the implement is hooked up, they cannot go anywhere. When you unhook, throw them in the tractor toolbox ready for next use.

Thanks for the tip. ��

/ Semi-permanent 3pth bushing?
Too many implements. Those pins aren't free.

Duplex balls! Never seen those. (not that im an expert on balls!)
Would you use a press to remove and reinstall the balls? Has anyone every done this?