'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?)

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #1  

Lefty7

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940HSTC, LA724, BH92, RTV-X1100C, 1978 Dodge D100 Adventurer (Sunrise Orange), 2018 Ram 2500 (Omaha Orange)
I got a mailer from Kubota concerning what they call a service update for our 2014 RTV-1100C unit. It's not being termed a recall.

Upon jumping thru a few online hoops, they say:

"The floor mat can warp or separate from the underlayment or degrade in the area of the throttle pedal, leading to interference with the throttle pedal and posing a crash and injury hazard. In addition, any RTV-X series with factory cast iron A-arms need to be inspected by a Kubota dealer and replaced if necessary."

I put in a call to the service dept. at my local Kubota dealer, and he has yet to get back to me. I consider the floor mat issue small potatoes, but I'm more concerned with the A-arms, and what might be the actual problem with them.

Anybody know what's going on with this?

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #2  
I called the dealer and they came out and 'fixed' mine. Basically they took a knife and cut around the pedal so it wont get hung up. No charge to me.

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?)
OK, thanks for that, Txpitmaster.

I guess there was no mention about the cast iron A-arms. (?) I can only speculate that some may have casting defects. (?) Would like to know more about this.

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #4  
Mine was in for a hydro leak and the dealer did the floor mat thing while it was there..Looks like a bigger hole for a mouse to climb in now.

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?)
Haha. Yeah, the meeces may be the only ones who care about the floor mat - other than Kubota's lawyers, of course.

But still nothing about cast A-arms. (?)

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #6  
I got a call from my dealer, for my 2014 X900, they replaced both rear hubs, and said there was another one coming for the seat belts. Now this was 6 years ago. Never did the seat belts if it was another service update.

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #7  
I called the dealer and they came out and 'fixed' mine. Basically they took a knife and cut around the pedal so it wont get hung up. No charge to me.
Here are the instructions for the floormat modification.

Attachments

• RTV-X1100C_Floormat.pdf
    550 KB · Views: 120
   / 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #8  
I received the notice for the floor mat, but have not gotten anything for the A-arms.

I declined the floor mat recall and had to sign a release letter. I also told Kubota Corporate it's a pretty half a$$ "fix" and I think it looks horrible so they are not touching mine.
My mat is still perfect and if it ever did start to lift or curl, I'm positive I can come up with a better looking fix on my own.

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #9  
They did my mat last fall, he came to my garage and cut the roughly 2 inch × 16 strip off and installed a few extra clips to hold it down. I asked for a few extra clips for my BX tractor floor mat and he gladly gave them to me.

/ 'Service Update' for RTV-1100C but not a recall (?) #10  
Title
PSB-2017-100-R3: MANDATORY CAMPAIGN: RTV-X Series; Stop Use / Retail / Shipment: Seat Belt Stay Replacement

Product Line
RTV-X-Series

Models
RTV-X900, RTV-X1100C, RTV-X1120D, RTV-X1140

Serial Numbers

Model​
Serial Number​
Model​
Serial Number​
RTV-X900​
31229 - 42402​
RTV-X1120D​
18541 - 20746​
RTV-X1100C​
26899 - 35995​
RTV-X1140​
10001 - 19546​

Issue
This is to inform you that a Stop Use/Retail/Shipment of the RTV-X Series within the stated serial number breaks has been issued. Kubota has determined through its periodic quality durability testing that there is a potential for the Seat Belt Stay to fracture in the RTV-X series units. The durability testing, which is conducted under severe operating conditions, resulted in information that cracks could develop on these stays, potentially reducing their strength.

Solution
Solution:
As of September 28, 2017 perform the repairs as outlined in the procedure beginning on page 4 of this bulletin.
  • For non-retailed units:
The Seat Belt Stay must be replaced before sale per this bulletin.

PSB-2017-006-R3: MANDATORY CAMPAIGN: RTV-X Series; Replacement of Rear Knuckle
Product Line
RTV-X Series
Models
RTV-X900, RTV-X1100C, RTV-X1120D, RTV-X11400
Serial Numbers

Model​
Serial Number​
RTV-X900​
Up to 33327​
RTV-X1100C​
Up to 28625​
RTV-X1120D​
Up to 18937​
RTV-X1140​
Up to 13243​
RTV-X1140 A-Arm Replacement​
Up to 11677​

Issue
The aluminum die-cast rear knuckle of RTV-X series may have reduced strength due to material issues. Note: RTV-X1140 up to serial number 11677 included welded a-arms. These welded A-arms must be replaced. Any RTV-X1140 with factory cast iron A-arms need to have clearance verified per step 2, replace if necessary.
Solution
Solution:
Requires replacement with cast iron rear knuckle. Refer to attached PSB for replacement procedures.
Parts Information:
IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • RTV-X1140 up to serial number 11677 must order kit Knuckle Kit (Rear) and individual parts listed on page 4 that make up the Bolt Kit (Stud), and Arm Kit (Suspension, Rear).
  • Regarding RTV-X900, X1100C, X1120D, check the A-arm clearance using the procedure on page 5. If necessary, order each required A-arm and additional parts individually listed on page 4. Do not order a complete kit to resolve the clearance issue.
Kit Part Number​
Description​
Quantity​
Affect Model​
K7591-91730​
Knuckle Kit (Rear)​
1​
RTV-X900/X1100C/X1120D/X1140​
Component list #2​
Bolt Kit (Stud)​
1​
RTV-X1140​