Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,531  
AM General has engineering offices, if not headquarters, up here in Southeast Michigan. Could be something they are working on.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,533  
For fast backup driving. Here's a video of one version.

Bruce
Now that makes sense for military use. There may be times to get the h--- out of a situation.

I like that the early Jeeps had a reverse geared lower than the forward gears. If it was stuck going forward then it at least was more likely to get extricated going backward.

I made a 'jeep trailer' on the little 4x4 HF chassis. It is light enough to drag the back end sideways by hand if necessary. My use was generally for getting down to the stream in rough country for gold panning. Where I might have to unhitch the trailer to back out of someplace where the side slope was approaching rollover steepness. (So any motion was as much sideways as forward/reverse). And I wanted to back out delicately then drag the trailer out with a rope. A heavy trailer would be unmanageable to turn around by hand unhitched, on a nasty side slope.

pic00516claimdriveway99-jpg.316887

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,534  
Is this the same category as hitting your garage door with your ROPS?

The aircraft, named "Eir Viking", was reported to have been taxied by two engineers/technicians when it ran into a closed hangar door.

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,536  
Saw that. 4 5gal cans that were most likely filled while still in the Hummer, then closed it up and lit a cig...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,539  
Darwinism

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,540  
1. Car thief (Stolen car)
2. Hoarding gas in unsafe containers/transport
3. Evading police
4. Crashing and flipping car
5. Transported to a hospital
6. Driver not charged with anything.

WTH?