Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,952  
Just another Excavator hits overpass link...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,953  
“Yooper rig”? Please explain.
As in Farmer Rigged, Jury Rigged, hacked together, GitR Dun... Just for someone from Da U.P.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,955  
No driver error as far as I know but the highway guys should have shut the bridge down to trucks during our high wind conditions. Driver got out the driver's side, the first step on the passenger side was a doozy. Some engineer did a good job designing that guard rail.

View attachment 721085

View attachment 721086

That's Deception Pass bridge from Whidbey Island to Fidalgo Island. Designed and built in 1935. It had just undergone inspection and re-painting a couple of weeks before. They never could have conceived of trucks this size and weight back in '35. Amazing.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,957  
That's Deception Pass bridge from Whidbey Island to Fidalgo Island. Designed and built in 1935. It had just undergone inspection and re-painting a couple of weeks before. They never could have conceived of trucks this size and weight back in '35. Amazing.
It's a good strong bridge. I hauled equipment to a job at the airforce base years ago weighing between 110k and 138k gross and the back from the job. The ferry system was a no go because it was all oversize. They don't allow oversize if there is a road to get there.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,958  
Actually with an oversize load I would prefer that way. The AFB is near that bridge. The road up the island has narrow areas. The highway to the bridge from I 5 is a good road. The only tough part is the bridge. If you are over 10 feet wide you need to coordinate with WSP. They stop oncoming traffic at the bridge as you approach.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,959  
As in Farmer Rigged, Jury Rigged, hacked together, GitR Dun... Just for someone from Da U.P.
Don't forget rednecked.