Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305, Kioti CK3510seh TLB
Now...if you were a police officer, how many violations would you write?
Zero? They are pulling into a parking lot on a road that doesn't look too busy. I doubt they went real far.

Tinhack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3910, John Deere 420C, Kubota G32XKS, IH 2606, Bad Boy Maverick-60"
Found this on another forum, note the guy in the trunk holding the tongue:
View attachment 729846

Aaron Z
Probably a handle, not a tongue. I have one similar but with four wheels. I used it in the shop for moving car bodies around and in/out of the paint booth. Mine is a little sturdier than that stick-frame though. :giggle:

aczlan

Super Star Member
Tractor
Case 480F LL, Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660
Probably a handle, not a tongue. I have one similar but with four wheels. I used it in the shop for moving car bodies around and in/out of the paint booth. Mine is a little sturdier than that stick-frame though. :giggle:
I agree, I would guess that it's used by a body shop to move truck beds like that around.

Aaron Z

dodge man

Tractor
JD 2025R
My personal confession here, back when I was young and stupid. Me and a couple of buddies bought a 67 Plymouth satellite and flat towed it about 20 miles with a chain. The car had a lot of very nice trim on it, low miles, but was very rusty. The rust also took out one set of brake lines, the front if I remember correctly. Anyone who has towed with a chain knows the car being towed has to apply some brakes at times to keep the chain tight. We took back roads and went slow but still not the smartest move.

cqaigy2

Tractor
PT 422
My personal confession here, back when I was young and stupid. Me and a couple of buddies bought a 67 Plymouth satellite and flat towed it about 20 miles with a chain. The car had a lot of very nice trim on it, low miles, but was very rusty. The rust also took out one set of brake lines, the front if I remember correctly. Anyone who has towed with a chain knows the car being towed has to apply some brakes at times to keep the chain tight. We took back roads and went slow but still not the smartest move.
I've never done anything like that...And admit to it on-line. :)

paulfun9

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40
I have towed more cars and trucks with just a chain than I can remember. To this day I havent had an issue and would do it again tomorrow if I needed to without hesitation.