Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,971  
On the gas can thing, years ago I saw a guy filling a 100 gallon transport tank--with gas-- in the back of his pickup that wasn't bolted in and didn't have a ground wire attached. Holy mushroom cloud, Batman.

On all the other safety first things. Yeah, you shouldn't do any of them but part of life is living long enough to be able to look back at the end and marvel at your survival. A friend of mine recently passed away at age 67. Always lived a perfect life with foods, exercise and everything that goes with it. Organic everything. One day he couldn't move his legs, three days later he didn't know who he was and went into hospice care. I think he lived five weeks. Brain tumor.

I've done far worse and lived to tell the tale. I'm not saying to take stupid risks--like the fuel cans in back-- but calculated risks are fine. The odds are way better than playing the lottery.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,972  
Any other way than what this jackass is doing would be safer.

Well they have to be inside vehicle or outside vehicle, pick one? Maybe he needs a gasoline teleporter?

If the guy gets rear ended was it because he's doing something unsafe or some idiot, driving like an idiot???

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,973  
Any other way than what this jackass is doing would be safer.

What's the difference in the way he's hauling them and having them lined up at the tailgate of a pickup?

You can see his. And it screams don't rear end me.

So would a 5x8 trailer be safer in your book? It could come unhooked or still get rear ended.

Just trying to figure your logic. Is anyone who hauls gas a jackass?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,974  
What's the difference in the way he's hauling them and having them lined up at the tailgate of a pickup?

You can see his. And it screams don't rear end me.

So would a 5x8 trailer be safer in your book? It could come unhooked or still get rear ended.

Just trying to figure your logic. Is anyone who hauls gas a jackass?

They're mounted at bumper height with no protection.... Would that be your first choice? It would take no impact at all to rupture them.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,975  
They're mounted at bumper height with no protection.... Would that be your first choice? It would take no impact at all to rupture them.

So, what's your alternative suggestion? Perhaps, haul gasoline in a washtub, inside his van? ;-)

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1454770685.531947.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,976  
I thought the original comment was because that hitch rack had too much weight on it?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,977  
I guess I'd suggest that he could transport them empty and fill up wherever he is traveling to. That would be safer.

If he is on a trip and simply buying gas where it is lower priced, he is jeopardizing the traveling public to save a few bucks.

Maybe that's exactly what this guy is doing, we have no idea if they are full or empty. Certainly better on the rack like this than in the back with the passengers. If he gets rear-ended, how is that his fault and not the person that hit him that can clearly see what he's carrrying???

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,978  
Who's fault it is doesn't matter, it won't bring back the dead or un-wreck the vehicle.

However... I think some of you are overreacting a little. I would likely do the same thing, if hauling gas cans with my SUV and the rack was my only option to keep the fumes out of the passenger compartment.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,979  

Give a better suggestion.

Yea. If I had to move gas with my SUV that's how I'd do it. Same amount of protection as putting them on an open sided trailer. And not much less than a pickup. Luckily I have a pickup and can get them out of sight. The SUV is the family car and the wife hates it when I use it to work with.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,980  
I thought the original comment was because that hitch rack had too much weight on it?

Most of those racks are 500 lb capacity.

8 jugs X 5 gallons X 6 lbs.=240 lbs.

Well within capacity.