Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong
That's what the tarp or plastic on the floor are for...

Aaron Z

I think some stuff could find its way onto the side panels of the vehicle.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #52  
Quite a few years ago, my "baby brother" brought home a salvaged full-sized plus couch, with the wide flat arms that you can use as a table, partially stuffed into the back hatch of his Honda CRX HF, a tiny 2-seaterthat got 57 mpg normally aspirated with a 5-speed MT, and a 1.4 L 4 cylinder squirrel cage under the hood. Apparently the degree of understeer was epic, because the couch was more than halfway cantilevered into the street, because that was as far in as he could get it, despite having had to take the legs off the end inside the car to get it to fir at all.

We loved that old out of fashion, but comfortable, couch and used and abused it for the better part of another decade before putting it back out to the road.

Thomas

BTW, I loved that car too, as it drove like a go-cart or race car, being very light for the torque that 5-speed applied to the tires on the ground.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #53  
I think some stuff could find its way onto the side panels of the vehicle.
Haven't had a problem with it yet (we have hauled a few goats and week old calves loose in the back of the wife's caravan).

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #54  
I wish I had a photo, but I was driving. Saw a truck the other day, couldn't have been more than a half ton, squatting to the stops, front wheels nearly in the air, with a full pallet of field stone in the bed. I couldn't believe it. It had to be 3000 lbs at least. And this wasn't some new half ton with a huge payload either, but an old farm truck.

I've done that more than once..Pallets of stone, heaped gravel etc..Not good, but was careful...Police just shook their heads. My Chevy/GMC 1/2 tons took it all in stride.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #55  
95facebook95-181973560495.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #59  
Hmmm........ that bale doesn't look quite right.

DSC02556.jpg