Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,341  
That looks like it could get ugly real quick!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,343  
What is that, a Highlander? Forester????

He looks like he's waay beyond rated towing capacity.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,344  
Hey, it has a 2" receiver.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,345  
I think it was a Honda Pilot. I would bet the farm that trailer doesn't have brakes either.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,346  
I just looked on the web - some our rated unto 5000lbs.....
Maybe the rears are not loaded.... LOL

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,347  
I wouldn't want to try and pull 5k with it. I'm guessing that would be with a load distribution hitch too.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,349  
No picture, happened to fast. Passed a on coming mini van type of vehicle this afternoon. Bright red strap in the middle of a 4 x 8 sheet of siding holding it down on top of the roof. No idea what the strap was tied to. Driver had his hand out the window holding down the front of the sheet so the wind would not blow it up. At least until he waved at me. Gees. Sheet started up and in a blink the passenger hand appeared at same time the driver realized his mistake and tried to grab it back down. Sort of comical and scary / sad at same time.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,350  
No picture, happened to fast. Passed a on coming mini van type of vehicle this afternoon. Bright red strap in the middle of a 4 x 8 sheet of siding holding it down on top of the roof. No idea what the strap was tied to. Driver had his hand out the window holding down the front of the sheet so the wind would not blow it up. At least until he waved at me. Gees. Sheet started up and in a blink the passenger hand appeared at same time the driver realized his mistake and tried to grab it back down. Sort of comical and scary / sad at same time.

Actually, using straps that hook to themselves inside the car (put together with rear doors open) works pretty well and is probably more secure than attaching the straps to the cheapo roof rack bars. I've done this a number of times with my Honda Element. You just work the ratchet from the rear passenger seats. A little tricky to do for the front as it can interfere with the driver but so long as one solid strap is attached in the middle with good tension, other less important straps can keep the load centered and stop it from pivoting.