Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,371  
That's liable to ignite from static. I always take gas cans and put them on the ground to fill them up. Not supposed to fill in truck. He would never get them back in the truck, but who the **** does that with a trash can anyway?

I guess panicked people in Texas after Harvey do. Go figure.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,372  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,373  
Listen we have some of the stupidest people in these here state's

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,374  
Sort of anything goes in SE Asia. Seen a bunch of ingenious types with crazy loads... but Texas? Com'n man!
:D

Actually at first glance the first thing I thought was, this photo might illustrate the gas shortages noted here as people fill up everything, fleeing the evacuation zones of the Northern California fires. Where flaming embers out of the sky are advancing the fires in all directions. :fiery: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Long ago I saw a small racing hydroplane owner pour exotic fuel into his outboard with a lit cigarette in his mouth. ... I stepped behind a tree.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,376  
Ive seen people get out and pump gas while smoking. I get the heck away as fast as i can.

When I was a kid, I saw an old timer flick a lit cigarette into a flat pan of gasoline and nothing happened.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,377  
What most people do not understand is that the stoichiometric range for gasoline is very narrow - 13-17% typically. Liquid gasoline will not light as you said. The key is getting the spark through the vapor in the stoichiometric range fast enough that it does not ignite. The problem with gasoline is that it has a lot of vapor that causes big flashes when it ignites.

Most people do not think about it but the electric motor in their car's tank is cooled by the gasoline. Putting an electric motor in a diesel tank is trickier as it has so much less vapor that it is much easier to get a set of conditions where it is stoichiometric around the pump - gas tanks are usually full of vapor, i.e. no oxygen.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,379  
When I was a kid, I saw an old timer flick a lit cigarette into a flat pan of gasoline and nothing happened.
That's even more true today, but those vapors.....