Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,911  
If we only concerned ourselves with our own matters, this site for one would not exist.

And when I do see those unused montrosities (RV Trailers) cluttering up neighborhoods and properties, or get behind one, I am affected to some extent.

I do feel sorry for all the lemming like people that get fooled into such things. People that never experienced passions, hobbies or interests of their own making.
So what your saying is that no one should be able to have rvs or travel trailers? Kinda funny. A friend of mine takes his out of state with him and lives in most of the year while doing electrical in huge factories. So he shouldn't have the option to save him and his company money by parking in a campground with a travel trailer?? Oh and if you are complaining out getting behind one on the road then you should be equally complaining about semis also. It can't be a one way street there.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,912  
If we only concerned ourselves with our own matters, this site for one would not exist.

And when I do see those unused montrosities (RV Trailers) cluttering up neighborhoods and properties, or get behind one, I am affected to some extent.

I do feel sorry for all the lemming like people that get fooled into such things. People that never experienced passions, hobbies or interests of their own making.

Thank you for the wisdom and experience shared with all.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,913  
Camping is a passion for many..

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,914  

Man, and I was thinking about getting a camper to take the family to the parks I enjoyed camping as a child.

I guess since other people do it too and it apparently sucks the life out of you, I guess I should find a more original "hobby".
Thank you for saving me from a missrable passionless life exploring and traveling with my family.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,915  
People can buy whatever they want and I don’t judge them. Your money do what you want.

That being said I don’t understand RV’s. Everyone I know that has one hardly ever uses it. When they do they don’t go park it in someplace cool they just go to a RV park in whatever place they are going. We thought about one but for the cost of it we could get an awful lot of motel nights and not have the hassle of keeping up with the thing. If you like them and they make you happy then great I am glad. Lord knows I spend a lot on things that few people would understand.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,916  
People can buy whatever they want and I don’t judge them. Your money do what you want.

That being said I don’t understand RV’s. Everyone I know that has one hardly ever uses it. When they do they don’t go park it in someplace cool they just go to a RV park in whatever place they are going. We thought about one but for the cost of it we could get an awful lot of motel nights and not have the hassle of keeping up with the thing. If you like them and they make you happy then great I am glad. Lord knows I spend a lot on things that few people would understand.
Amen!
I've experienced everything from a sleeping bag, all kinds of tents, campers, trailers, RVs from 50s-90s. Motor homes are nice, but constant maintenance. A motel you have daily room service. The one we're at now a fabulous buffet breakfast. And a step further...long trips we rent a car. A vacation should be worry free, and a vacation from cooking, etc.
Some of the best vacations ever we took Amtrak, then picked up a rental car there. That way we avoided driving around big cities...completely relaxed. A lot of great places we could not stop at with a large RV.
As you say, if that's what brings happiness that's fine, but I tell young people to rent an RV first before buying.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,917  
Several retired friends RV year round... two sold their homes and visit kids and grandkids on both coasts and Canada... Just like another couple that I am very good friends cruised the world in their 60' steel haul 3 masted schooner for 8 years... Memories to last a lifetime.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,918  

But if you "get behind one"...., aren't they using it? Think about it.

And I "feel sorry" for you. You sound very bitter, judgemental and unhappy. That's too bad. I'm also sorry you're "affected" when you see RV's in neighborhoods. Seriously, check into some medication or something. You're unhappy when you see them being used, and yet you're still unhappy when you see them unused.

As for me, we enjoy our RV very much. Seeing as you're in Canada, I doubt you'll ever have to "get behind us", unless you travel south. We just used ours last weekend, very relaxing. And we're going on a multi-state trip end of next week. We plan on at least part timing in it when we retire, but probably not true "full timing".

I guess I should have sought out your approval before we bought our first one in the 80's. Too bad AlGore hadn't invented the internet yet back then. Could have "saved us".

I'll check with you next time though.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,919  
I almost was in this thread. Getting ready to take a mini ex on a 300 mile trip. Got my tires balanced today and putting them back on noticed I had broken leaf springs on both sides of the trailer. Off to the spring shop. $$$