Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,831  
Fella driving past my house today with an old Chevy (70s) 1500 hadda old bowed and bent car hauler toted along behind him. Up top of the trailer he hadda newer (80s) Chevy 2500 4x4.

As he stood on the binders to bring the speed down (road has a limit of 55) so he could make the turn in front of my house (turn has a recommended speed posted, 25MPH), I heard a piece of steel hit the ground and go skipping along the pavement. It skipped and bounced across onto my side of the road, so I picked my curious butt up off the porch and walked out to the road and started looking around. Only thing I found was the hook off the end of a 3" ratchet strap... :eek:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,833  
Beehives?
I would be surprised if it was unless they were empties. Someone moving that many beehives will usually have them all on pallets with four hives to a pallet. If they were all tipped over like that, it would also be a huge cloud of these and those people would be wearing bee suits.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,834  
I saw this a few days ago. It looks like a bad day for those 2. It痴 actually loaded on a flat bed truck so the 1500 isn稚 the tow vehicle. Btw I wasn稚 driving.View attachment 574237

Yeah, definitely would have been easier to cover it with a net and secure it properly before leaving, instead of trying to do it on the side of the road after it had shifted. :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,836  
It looks like it’s mounted on a flag pole. I hope that he was just careless and it slid back and drug. Of course either way it’s really stupid. Worst case he is using the flag to mark his load. And that is horrendous. Best case he’s clueless about how to properly handle our flag with respect, and too lazy to remove it from the pole and fold it.

I remember in the late 69’s during the hippie era, I bought a shirt with the American flag design. Brought it home and my Dad had a fit. He scolded me and made me return it. I was stupid then too.

Of course in today’s climate, it’s not surprising. A generation who have never been taught the greatness of America. Sad.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,837  
What do you all think? Total load with trailer and what's in the truck is about 6,600lb. Truck is squatting good but not as bad as the flatbed makes it look (unlevel flatbed). View attachment 574232

I hope the frame on that old Ranger is better than the typical frame around here. :D

Typical for them to be swiss cheese right behind where the front half rivets to the rear half. Plus the ends where the rear bumper attaches disappear.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,838  
I hope the frame on that old Ranger is better than the typical frame around here. :D

Typical for them to be swiss cheese right behind where the front half rivets to the rear half. Plus the ends where the rear bumper attaches disappear.
Everything is good on this trucks frame. Had the original stock step side bed off this winter when I switched to the flatbed. Cleaned it up and painted it some and everything was fine.

Different story for my other ranger that is going to just be a daily driver. Back by the bumper on driver side has a rust hole so I've cleaned it up and will be welding a patch in. In Michigan there are no inspections so it doesn't matter if you weld to frames (it will still be done well)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,839  
It looks like it’s mounted on a flag pole. I hope that he was just careless and it slid back and drug. Of course either way it’s really stupid. Worst case he is using the flag to mark his load. And that is horrendous. Best case he’s clueless about how to properly handle our flag with respect, and too lazy to remove it from the pole and fold it.

I remember in the late 69’s during the hippie era, I bought a shirt with the American flag design. Brought it home and my Dad had a fit. He scolded me and made me return it. I was stupid then too.

Of course in today’s climate, it’s not surprising. A generation who have never been taught the greatness of America. Sad.

Amen to that, :drink:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,840  
Everything is good on this trucks frame. Had the original stock step side bed off this winter when I switched to the flatbed. Cleaned it up and painted it some and everything was fine.

Different story for my other ranger that is going to just be a daily driver. Back by the bumper on driver side has a rust hole so I've cleaned it up and will be welding a patch in. In Michigan there are no inspections so it doesn't matter if you weld to frames (it will still be done well)
I don't know about your truck, but maximum specs for a properly set up trailer behind my Ranger is 7K. That includes load levelers and of course brakes on both trailer axles. Laws vary by state, but any trailer over 2K behind a Ranger should have brakes as per the manufacturer.

That may not ever be an issue; yet it will become one if somebody decides to pull out in front of you and you can't stop in time.