Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #541  
This is why you don't let the summer student drive the company vehicle.

O.P.P. training #3.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #542  
Seven years ago I heard a quote of $6000 to tow semi tractor from Maryland to Starke, FL. I'm unsure if that $6000 covered the refer trailer or not.

Twenty five years ago I worked for a grass seed farmer. He also owned a few sand trucks that worked locally, and one with a gravity flow trailer that worked South Florida during the citrus pulp season. The truck broke down in South Florida and the farmer and his son took one of the sand trucks and towed it back to Blountstown using a chain run through a ten foot piece of pipe. They did it at night, and never got a ticket.

Larro

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong
I watched an TV episode last week of ( How it's made ) it showed how they built a big truck wrecker, The cost of this particular one they were building was $750,000,00 Makes me wonder what they charge for their wrecker service :eek:
the one in the video looked very similar to the 3/4 mil $$$ I seen on TV

My Dad worked for a guy that had wreckers. His boss loved truck wrecks because he could make over $20,000 from one wreck. This was back in the late 80's to mid 90's.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #544  
I watched an TV episode last week of ( How it's made ) it showed how they built a big truck wrecker, The cost of this particular one they were building was $750,000,00 Makes me wonder what they charge for their wrecker service :eek:
the one in the video looked very similar to the 3/4 mil $$$ I seen on TV

We had a cement truck get stuck in the yard. They tried getting the first one out with a second. Didn't work. Both were stuck so they called a wrecker. It was $350-450 per hour plus travel time both ways.

On none busy times, the local wreckers work with the local long distance companies. When they have a truck breakdown they tow a working truck down to the breakdown location and haul the disabled truck back. The driver just switches trucks and continues on with his load.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #545  
According to the story, these guys were clocked doing 120 mph on their way to the scrap dealer with this in the back.....

djy8rippoujdl9bojxfx.jpg

jsoez4rbothz5zoxxtgp.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #546  
Another double post, not sure why this is happening.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #547  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #549  
Whoa double tap.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #550