Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,641  
They're working on the local airport and we're moving this to the other side. Didn't think straps were required I guess

ForumRunner_20151125_155840.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,643  
Didn't think straps were required I guess

Did they make it successfully?

If it is just being moved across a piece of property with no public traffic and it's all as flat as is shown in the pic, I'd likely not strap it down either. I realize this is a major violation of the dictated safety police laws, but there are some situations where you should never need straps; times when anything that could possibly happen would most likely be something so horrible, straps or no-straps is the least of your concern.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,644  

If it is just being moved across a piece of property with no public traffic and it's all as flat as is shown in the pic, I'd likely not strap it down either. I realize this is a major violation of the dictated safety police laws, but there are some situations where you should never need straps; times when anything that could possibly happen would most likely be something so horrible, straps or no-straps is the least of your concern.

If I was doing this at home, I'd agree. However, when it's an industrial setting it's different. I work in an environment where you can get written up for going downstairs without a hand on the railing. The working world today is a zero risk tolerance place.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,645  
If it is a short enough trip to not need a tie down, just drive it.

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,646  

I don't know, I turned the other way heading to my farm.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,647  
speaking of wire coat hangers. I remember jump/boosting a car back in the day with but a single wire coat hanger, and some time.

bumper to bumper ( yeah.. cars had real metal bumpers back then ). then a wire coat hanger opened up enough to get from hot to hot, then run one car to charge the other up a bit. after 10 minutes, the other guy keyed it over and it struggled for a second then started. a line of smoke came off the coat hanger as the varnish on it vaporized instantly. ;)

them were the days... :)

Long Live The Wire Coat Hanger!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,648  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,649  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,650  
Agreed. Wire coat hangers and duct tape could solve most any emergency.

Baling twine will always have its rightful place.