Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,871  
That rig was just shy of 28,000# and survived several hundred miles around town, however I have vowed to never haul the cat on it again. I nearly lost it last time coming down a modest but long hill. 20k whipping around behind a 3/4 ton was terrifying. Next trip will be hired out to a professional.

Life is a learning experience. Glad you made it out in one piece after your experience.

Pulling is one thing. STOPPING AND CONTROL is another, that's when a pickup isn't a match for a big load like that.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,872  
Hot Rod posted this pic on their FB page.

Attachments

• safety-chain.jpg
    safety-chain.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 457
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,873  
Life is a learning experience. Glad you made it out in one piece after your experience.

Pulling is one thing. STOPPING AND CONTROL is another, that's when a pickup isn't a match for a big load like that.

Totally agree. I bought a large skid loader scoop of river gravel many years ago. It bottomed axle of my trailer it was so heavy. I think it was quite few thousand pounds. The trailer was hooked up to Buick Regal. It was only few miles from home with only one traffic light on the way. When approaching the traffic light it was green and turned yellow and red just when I was very near of the intersection. I was going just about 30 mph when I stepped on the brakes and shot across the intersection with smoke going from locked wheels. (no ABS). Driving is not the issue stopping is.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,874  
Hot Rod posted this pic on their FB page.

Wow, he doesn't even have that clevis pin screwed in all the way, I can't believe someone would do that :D

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,875  
Wow, he doesn't even have that clevis pin screwed in all the way, I can't believe someone would do that :D

If it wasn't done as a joke I imagine they hooked up the safety chain using the brail method and thought they were in the chain hole forward of the pin.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,878  
When zoomed in, it looks like the screw pin is getting worn down. If this is the case they haven't removed or looked at the hitch in a long time. When ever I insert my hitch to use my two wheel 4'x6', I always check things over.

T.J.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,879  
Agreed - so why do they call it a one ton truck?

No idea. On my 2016 GMC dually one ton they list the payload capacity on the website at 6,111 lbs - 3 tons and change

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,880  
Well, I bet they were careful and set the brake on the PU so it couldn't go anywhere on the trailer. I hope they didn't have to back up this setup.

You never tried to back up a wagon? It shouldn't be tough at all to back up this setup.