Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,901  
This certainly looks wrong. My first thought was simply that they ran the video in reverse, but they didn't.

[video]http://www.chonday.com/Videos/trailerghu4[/video]

Bruce

OK, that's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing Bruce.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,902  
I'm good with a trailer... but not that good.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,905  
Shoulda hada tractor! (a tractor NOT filled with ammunition that is)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,906  
Bent hitch is all it did. Still worked fine.

If you bent your wimpy little hitch, then this is the one you need.....

20160131_130324.jpg

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,907  
That shackle is maxing out that poor Chevy !

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,908  
I was given some topsoil if I would pick it up. I had a 1970 Pontiac car with a big V8 and also a 8x12' heavy tandem trailer. My friend came along and had a 3/4 ton 4x4 Ford asked if he should pull it and I told him no, I would get it. I didn't want to inconvenience him.

After shoveling a couple feet of dirt on the trailer I decided to drive away. The car groaned quite a bit and but as soon as I hit a bump the trailer hitch dropped off the car to the ground. Then we hooked it to the truck. Embarrassing to say the least.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,909  
Took this pic at my local Home Depot 2 or 3 weeks ago. It was taken just before the driver had secured the load. Not sure HOW he secured it, but we all know that even if you use the nylon straps with ratchets to cinch the load down, you can (and most likely will have some loose boards in the middle). The pressure from the straps doesn't always transfer downward in a linear fashion to each board. I just hope he didn't have to make any sudden stops on the way home.

I once saw an 18 wheeler hauling a load of lumber with the stack extending above the trucks cab. He had to make a sudden stop at a redlight, and I watched as several pieces of lumber slid over the top of the cab and landed on the road in front of him.

20160101_131552.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,910  
Took this pic at my local Home Depot 2 or 3 weeks ago. It was taken just before the driver had secured the load. Not sure HOW he secured it, but we all know that even if you use the nylon straps with ratchets to cinch the load down, you can (and most likely will have some loose boards in the middle). The pressure from the straps doesn't always transfer downward in a linear fashion to each board. I just hope he didn't have to make any sudden stops on the way home.

I once saw an 18 wheeler hauling a load of lumber with the stack extending above the trucks cab. He had to make a sudden stop at a redlight, and I watched as several pieces of lumber slid over the top of the cab and landed on the road in front of him.

View attachment 455572
He must have some heavy stuff inside the hatch because he sure is low in the backend. Unless of course he has a wimpy suspension on that Blazer. :confused2: