Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,931  
56E29D19-46E1-4037-A8AD-CFBC8665D70F.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,932  
Is it camping when you take your house with you?
Don't know, never took my house. But i have been to many camps that have cabins, electric, water,....

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,933  
Back up real fast, slam on the brakes and it rolls out the back. Actually saw a semi driver slide a pallet to the back of a van trailer to get it to the back doors for unloading when we had no loading dock and he could not use a pallet jack to move it. Jon

35 years ago I had a guy haul a junk Farmall H tractor for me that I wanted for parts and the front axle. I wanted it in the barn so it would be out of the weather and I could disassemble over the winter. Anyway, he backed into the barn and I went inside for something. I presumed I would help him get the tractor off the trailer because he would have needed a loader or something because it wouldn't run.

Anyway, on the way back I hear him rev the engine in the truck and floor it about the same time I hear a horrific noise. He had chained the back of the tractor to the barn posts and just floored the truck. Yeah, it came off all right. Of note is that the barn was a 200 year old wooden New England post and beam barn with a wooden floor and the whole thing just sat on some flat rocks for a foundation. It was a local treasure that he could have brought down at least a portion of. Good grief.

This is the same guy I saw run a little Kubota nearly to death and never do any, and I mean any maintenance. Nice guy but no oil changes, no nothing. That's where I learned Kubotas were built to last.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,934  
bad truck.jpg
Going down the interstate as fast as he could I think. Doing about 50.
Cracked windshield as well. The exit for the nearest junkyard was just passed up. I think cops just don't want to deal with guys like this. It's hard for me to believe that he has not been spotted.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,935  
So an electric winch is an adequate tie down??20180615_083234.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,936  
View attachment 558582
Going down the interstate as fast as he could I think. Doing about 50.
Cracked windshield as well. The exit for the nearest junkyard was just passed up. I think cops just don't want to deal with guys like this. It's hard for me to believe that he has not been spotted.

Looks like he'll clear the overpass. :thumbsup:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,937  
Driving home last night and passed a vehicle going the other way that was a truck pulling a trailer with pallets on it. I think there were three stacks of pallets about 6' high and I didn't see any straps. Friction! It's all good until physics comes a callin'...

Rob

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,939  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,940  
So an electric winch is an adequate tie down??View attachment 558583

Most flat deck tow trucks just use the winch to hold the front of their load in place. Don't know if it is electric or hydraulic, or if that would make a difference, but they usual just haul it up, level the deck, put chains on the back, then draw it tight with the front winch, then take off. Basically the same thing this guys seems to have done, although he is using only one chain doubled back for the rear of the trailer and certainly lower gauge cable and equipment.