Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,212  
And Mr. Safety in his lime green safety wear just goes on, (probably) doing exactly the same thing! Unbelievable!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,213  
And Mr. Safety in his lime green safety wear just goes on, (probably) doing exactly the same thing! Unbelievable!

I'm guessing when he left he probably drove a little slower to his destination after that butt-clenching ride. Maybe he didn't have the key for the skidsteer and couldn't do anything to reposition it so he didn't have much choice. Let's not always assume the worst...

Rob

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,214  
Yeah, true. Guess he's just a guy that gets right back on the horse! He didn't seem too disturbed by the whole thing. I wonder if he knows how lucky he is?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,215  
Yeah, true. Guess he's just a guy that gets right back on the horse! He didn't seem too disturbed by the whole thing. I wonder if he knows how lucky he is?

....and how lucky the people around him were! I bet the trailer tires lost some tread........wow, they did good and didn't blow.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,216  
Comments on the video, the guy claims his foreman loaded the trailer and it was his first time towing. If that is the case, he needs to give that foreman and earful for trying to kill him with an improperly loaded trailer and the foreman needs to give the guy a big steak dinner for one helluva good save.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,217  
Looks to me like he induced it using the steering wheel. I see his left shoulder going up, then again, then stronger as the fishtail begins then gets more pronounced. Each time his shoulder goes up he is turning the wheel.

He was steering in an effort to keep it on the road, but he didn't cause the fishtail with a small initial steering wheel movement. A properly loaded trailer should absorb normal steering wheel movements instead of them causing the trailer to start fishtailing wildly. The way that situation started without any significant movement to start it and then escalated so quickly, indicates the weight distribution on the trailer is probably the cause.

Watch this video if you do not understand how weight distribution on the trailer and tongue weight will cause it to fishtail.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,218  
Towing with a mustang is wrong, even if it is only a scale model...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,219  
Towing with a mustang is wrong, even if it is only a scale model...
That may be true, but that viral YouTube video that has shown up all over is the greatest thing for towing safety since the safety chain. I've seen it show up everywhere non trailer related & the lightbulb come on for so many people because of it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,220  
I like the REAL Youtube video of the guy pulling the fancy sports car going into a speed wobble and crashing in spectacular fashion, better!